Phoenix worms over crix???

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
ok so i previously purchased phoenix worms a few months ago, just to give to my 8 month old beardie as a snack every so often... after i got done with the pack, he's shyed away from eating crickets like he used to eat crickets (he might eat like 3 a day Now) i've brought him to the vet prior, and they ran all tests and suggested it could be him in "heat".but anyway i bought another pack of phoenix worms today, and gave him like 20 at first and he gobbled em up, and then waited a few hours and gave him another 7 or so and he ate them up... is it possible for him to not want anything to do with crickets anymore???

Navan94

MagillaGorilla":5361c said:
eh, you could, i prefer phoenix worms anyways lol
Exactly. I'm pretty peeved that I didn't plan well and I'm without Phoenix Worms for two days. :cry:

I had to get some emergency crickets. My beardie had no problem jumping all over the crickets while the next shipment of PWs were on their way, but I'd rather not have to get crickets. Phoenix worms are just too easy right now.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
so i can coat these guys with a multivitamin then since they wouldnt need a calcium dusting?? and i kinda put about 20 or so in a little round dish, and i leave them in there all day, and see what he eats??

Navan94

danny662boy":3b346 said:
so i can coat these guys with a multivitamin then since they wouldnt need a calcium dusting?? and i kinda put about 20 or so in a little round dish, and i leave them in there all day, and see what he eats??
Yeah, no need to dust for calc, just the vita as needed. My beardie is 6 mos old and I just drop them in a pile (of 15 or so "twice") on the repti carpet. My dragon eats about 30+ per feeding of the mediums. I'm sure your 8 month old can go to town on them. I don't know the size of your dragon, but I'm sure 20 would be a quick snack. If you plan on keeping the worms as your staple, just follow the general rule of however many it can it in a 15 minute period.

danny662boy

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ya i think i might.... i read on the container they need to be kept at a temp no less than 50 and room temp is ok... i stuck em in the fridge yesterday... and it was like 40-42ish in the door, and it just seemed to "slow" them down.. anyone do this??

Navan94

danny662boy":19c84 said:
ya i think i might.... i read on the container they need to be kept at a temp no less than 50 and room temp is ok... i stuck em in the fridge yesterday... and it was like 40-42ish in the door, and it just seemed to "slow" them down.. anyone do this??
55-65 is optimal I think. I wouldn't put them in the fridge as it's too cold for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom