Phoenix Worms are a Hit!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KINGSAME

Hatchling Member
Just got my orer of Phoenix worms in and they are a hit. My 4 months old ate about 35 size medium ones. She came off her basking rock and went to town. Only ordered about 400 because I wanted to make sure she liked them and she does. So now I will not have to dust with calcium powder anymore right?. But my question is how will she get her D3? I know I will have to dust the worms 2x a week for multvitamins though.

Youkai

Hatchling Member
With the proper UVB exposure, beardies should be able to produce D3 on their own.

(excerpt from ReptileUV.com)
...Without UVB, the all-important vitamin D3 cannot be produced naturally in the reptile's skin, and vitamin D3 is as critical as good food, water, and heat.....
(excerpt over..)

If this is wrong, someone will be able to provide more accurate info...

I also ordered 400 to see if my Sakura would like them and she goes nuts for them!!! :lol:
Needless to say, I just put in an order for 1200 :mrgreen:

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
You may want to get some medium and larges... the older they get the more full of nutrition they get. My guy eats about 40 large ones a day. It's helped him to grow about 1.5" in about 3 weeks.

Youkai

Hatchling Member
sunkist":c2502 said:
You may want to get some medium and larges... the older they get the more full of nutrition they get. My guy eats about 40 large ones a day. It's helped him to grow about 1.5" in about 3 weeks.

I ordered mediums for the 400 count I recently had and also for this 1200 count that's on the way, they seem to be about perfect for Sakura's size, the larger ones in the cups are almost exactly as big as the space between her eyes.
I was thinking of getting the larges, but I can't get a good picture or idea how big they are... Honestly, I'd prefer the large PW's for just the reason you pointed out but I think they'll be too big for my baby right now.
Any chance you could post some pics of some average large worms for reference? :mrgreen:

bmmst1

Juvie Member
somebody corect me if im wrong but, the space between the eyes dont count for soft bodies worms such as pw's, horn woms,wax worms butter worms and silkies. so it dosent matter what size.

Youkai

Hatchling Member
bmmst1":e7bac said:
somebody corect me if im wrong but, the space between the eyes dont count for soft bodies worms such as pw's, horn woms,wax worms butter worms and silkies. so it dosent matter what size.

Ahhh, I didn't know that, thanks!! :mrgreen:
Although, it just looks kinda weird to see her chomping away and having worm bits sticking out both sides of her mouth.. hahaha

bmmst1

Juvie Member
haah yeah i know. just dont feed too big of horn worms,it dosent cause compaction. firecracker ate a whole one when we was 6 inches and he ate half and left other half there.

sunkist

Sub-Adult Member
They really aren't that big at all. I was surprised how small they are. They are probably double the size of the mediums - just like the mediums are double the size of the small. Lindy is a small dragon still and plows right threw them. Reference - they come in the exact same size container.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom