Phoenix/Calci/Repti Worms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
all 3 are from the same black soldier fly but have different brand names. Phoenix and repti worms are both good staples as they have good Calcium:phosphorus Ratio which are ideal for beardies and means they don't need dusted with calcium powder. However, calci worms have a different ratio so should only be fed now and again. Hope this helps :D

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
Reptiworms are cheaper and they have a couple of 20% off codes floating around. They ship from California...Phoenix worms ship from Georgia. Both offer 4.99 priority shipping and will mark the box as hold at post office if you request it. (although just to make sure, if you order call your post office and arrange to have it held on your scheduled delivery date because they don't always pay attention and chances are that if they don't hold it...your worms will be DOA and I don't think either company offers any guarantees).

I live in Florida and have had success with Phoenix Worms. I just placed an order through reptiworms since they are cheaper and hopefully will have another positive experience.

reddragon087

Juvie Member
I personally use reptiworms. Loki refused to eat when I got her and once I got
reptiworms she started chowing down and now she eats me out of house and
home with those things.

bonz152

I've tried both repti and Phoenix worms. The bulk
Reptiworms are cheaper. However, if I ha to choose I like the Phoenix worms better. The mediums seemed a bit bigger and I like the substrate they are in better. The reptiworms substrate seemed a bit more dirt like and it stuck to the worms more.
Having said that, my dragon liked them both. But I've decided to do Phoenix worms.

KayKayschlem

Original Poster
Awesome... thanks everybody! :) I think I might go with Reptiworms since they are cheaper and I live in California.
I'm confused on the delivery though... did you say they don't get delivered to your doorstep?

Nixiemaiden

Hatchling Member
If it is warm weather, it is better to have them request to have the package held at the post office. If they do bring it to your doorstep, they can be stuck in a hot mail truck all day before they get to your house and they don't do well in heat. I know I read somewhere that someone didn't get theirs held at the post office and they were all dead when they got them. I had my phoenix worms held and they were all alive. The other thing is that the post office doesn't always read the label that says to hold for pickup so it is a good idea to keep track of the tracking number and as soon as it shows it is at your local post office, call them and confirm it will be held for pickup. I do believe it is up to you though...if you want the order held, they give you a comment box to write in that says so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom