Phoenix Blaze aka Bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,
Phoenix and I are back and hopefully we can visit this site more often to keep up with everyone. Life has been crazy lately, so we apologize for not coming back sooner :D we will make more of an effort though we promise.
Since our last visit we have learned that we are moving, its both good and bad. The good is that its to a city we both like, pay raise, and it gets us out of our current home situation. The bad side is that we have to sell our current house before we can purchase another, so that means apartment time (yes again) so I have had to rehome all of my animals with the exception of one dog Benji and Phoenix. It has torn my heart to pieces but it had to be done... enough of the sad news lets get on to Phoenix's update shall we?
As some of you may or may not know, he was offically diagnosed with kidney issues last year, we are on a good path in maintaining everything and he has even improved bits at a time. We are seeing a new vet further north than we are currently and he is amazing! He is always looking for new things to try and really knows his stuff! We did have a scare a few nights ago... i got home afterwork to a very lethargic, very dehydrated Phoenix, he hadnt touched his veggies, was hissing and black bearding at me and he never does that. I put him in a gatorade bath for about an hour (per doctors instructions) and he got much better. The docs did tell me that once brumation hit we would have problem with hydration and weight and that when he starts coming out of the brumation we would probably hit another snag... he was right. Anyway after a nice long soak and some yummy baby food he perked right back up. :D

2013-01-12_15-42-46_386_zps427a5b04.jpg

2013-01-12_15-43-13_130_zps871345d9.jpg

I didnt keep him out too long because I wasnt sure what was going on with him. so the next day he "forced" my hand and MADE me give him some roam time :mrgreen:

2013-01-12_15-44-38_795_zpsfb46118a.jpg

2013-01-14_18-07-04_536_zps85f414c4.jpg

2013-01-14_18-14-20_506_zpsf5a82fa2.jpg

This next pic is horrible... he doesnt want to go back in his viv so he is hiding :p

2013-01-14_18-15-48_290_zps1083525d.jpg

Here are some random pics from Dec 2012 of him:

2012-12-25_10-21-20_304_zpsed6ba896.jpg

2012-12-25_11-03-22_977_zps4f47db7e.jpg

2013-01-12_15-45-41_976_zps8a1bb2f6.jpg

2013-01-12_15-45-48_440_zps0a6e8396.jpg

2013-01-13_13-55-50_573_zpsf8417715.jpg

2013-01-13_13-48-20_174_zps4f774655.jpg

2013-01-13_13-47-30_712_zps0fbc2d8e.jpg

Now for the extra fun part-- Since he has some disabilities I decided to make him a bed :D it was super easy and he is loving it! Its complete with super soft stuffing, blanket, and some pillows

2013-01-12_19-10-50_521_zps51e62063.jpg

Him checking it out
2013-01-12_19-31-39_770_zpsac3deb99.jpg

and him snuggling down and going to sleep
2013-01-12_19-45-37_3_zps96973e00.jpg

and this is the bed, pillows and blanket
2013-01-15_18-34-51_549_zpsc1e6a86a.jpg

and one of my absolute favorites of him-- he was snuggling with me :love5:
2013-01-14_18-34-07_342_zps86c1b67b.jpg

well thats all the pics I have for you guys for now... I will update more as we go and we are glad to be back here with such an amazing group of people :mrgreen:

Lots of Love,
Jordan and Bug

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Welcome back! Sorry to hear you are rehoming your animals, but it's great that you get to keep a couple. Great pics of Phoenix!

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you very much. Husband put in for a job in Georgia so we'll see. I'd prefer us live in Birmingham Alabama, but I suppose sometimes you have go go t the opportunity... I've hated rehoming my animals but am grateful two can stay. The others have gotten wonderful homes and i get pictures every few days so it's nice :) well Phoenix and I are working on some more stuff for him...pics soon (i hope)

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well the past two days for Phoenix have been great. First lets start with Monday. I was off work and did a top to bottom cleaning of the house, I try to do it once a week but sometimes it just doesnt happen. I had gotten everything done except for our bed sheets, I walked in to our room and Phoenix is bright eyed, as orange as a highlighter and running from one side of his viv to another :D I decided to let him wander my room as i pulled the sheets off and the pillow cases off. So you guys have a visual of my room, its your typical master bedroom with a bathroom that ajoins it. my bathroom is double sided with a large closet that connects it. i put phoenix on the floor and he begins to roam around, gets tired of my room and goes under one of hte bathroom doors. i can hear his tail swisshing over the tiles so i know where he is, a few minutes later he emerges from the other door :mrgreen: that crazy lizard went in one door through the closet and out of the ohter side heheh! when he came out the other door i had the pillow cases on the floor and was pulling the rest of hte sheets off teh bed. he decided to jouney into one of the pillow cases, popped his head back out after he explored a bit and pounced on one of hte pillows. relaxed there for a second and then decided to leap over onto the other pillow that was on the floor. he jumped back and fourth on the pillows for a second then decieded that he was chilly and wanted back in his viv so i put him back. it was so cute!!! i was so busy watching him and so entertained that i of course waited until he had his fill of roaming to finish my task :D gosh i love him and i love his good days!!

then yesterday i went home to yet another good day. he was bright and had eaten most of his salad (such a good boy) well it was time for his medicine (which he hates) so after i administer his meds he decides hes mad at proceedes to toss what is left of his salad around his viv :lol: it was too cute to be mad at even though i had just given his viv a good top to bottom cleaning the day before :mrgreen: i just cant stay mad at him!!!!

over the weekend i made him a new bed (i'll try to get on tonight and load them) snuggle bug loves his new bed and i love how appreciative he is for them. he shows his graditude by waitng patiently for me to say "tuck time" and he will wait for me to move his blanket, get on his bed, get comfy and expects me to tuck him in :p :love10: i get so ill when people say "hes just a lizard he doesnt know what you are saying to him", but yet i say tuck time every night to him and have since he came home to me and he knows that means bed time and understands that if he goes to bed when i say that i will tuck his cover on him. :mrgreen:

well i supposed i'm done going on about my liskard :D

will do my best to get those pics on here tonight and would love to know what you all think :D

Phoenix17June2009

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
well a small update--
Wednesday phoenix was awake and glass dancing when i got up at 0500 so i decided that since it was going to be a pretty warm day i would take him to work with me. I was pretty busy that day but did manage to snap a few pics of him. As usual some of my clients loved him, some hated him, pretty typical. My new boss was so in love with my snuggle bug. she has geckos and said that after meeting Phoenix she is interested in a beardie simply because of their amazing personalities. Bug was into everything on my desk (as you will notice in the pics). I also tried to get a picture of a lump that has developed just over the past few weeks. It must be bothersome to him because normally he is very tolerant of me checking him out but i think this spot is cauisng him a little discomfort. his face even looks a little swollen to me... i talked to our vet and he said to keep an eye on it and that if i noticed issues with his eating to let him know. the vet seems to think it will clear up on its own.... so we shall see.

well photobucket is being lame today so i'll try to get on here later tonight and put the pics up here...

Jordan and Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julielps
Top Bottom