Phineas, Bob, and Chloe *Breaking News*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make a new thread for the terrible trio here because I want to keep all of their updates in one place, but I don't want to spam up the Introductions section. It was one month ago today that I picked them up. Can you believe it? A month already!

Phineas is doing GREAT. He has really got the hang of eating worms from a dish. Now he can eat all of the worms I put in there in less than ten minutes. Now I'm starting to teach him to eat worms out of his salad bowl. He's catching on really quickly, and I'm hoping he's getting a few bites of salad at the same time. His weight increased dramatically this week. He's up to 502g this week from 458g last week. My big boy is finally starting to fill out and look less like Skinny Phinny, and more like Phat Phinny. :mrgreen: He poops every day or two, loves his baths, and best of all, loves to cuddle with me.

Bob still hates me and isn't shy about showing it. I had him out for his daily walkabout today, and the little brat kept running away from me! His mouth rot is starting to clear up, but not as well as I would like. Getting a q-tip in his mouth is very, very difficult, so his medication schedule is not as consistent as it should be. He's not much of an eater - only three or four worms every day. His weight has been holding steady at just over 400g for the last couple of weeks, so I'm not too worried. He leaves me a tiny poop every morning.

Chloe doesn't like me much either, and I'm a bit worried about her right now. She used to be a voracious eater, but she's really slowed down. The last few days, she hasn't eaten anything at all. I tried to syringe feed her tonight and she wasn't having any of it. I didn't weigh her today because she seemed really stressed out and I didn't want to make it worse. She's had her dark colours on for quite a while and it worries me. The only reason I can think of that she isn't feeling well is maybe because of the switch from the Megaray in the big enclosure with Bob, to the ReptiSun 10.0 in her new enclosure. I was going to wait until the ReptiSun's six months were up before I got her a Megaray, but I decided to order her a Megaray today just in case that's the problem. It should be here in a week or two so hopefully it will help her to perk up a bit.

Here is a picture of how I found Bob sleeping the other night:
IMG_0738.jpg

Here is Bob with his brand new tummy:
IMG_0736.jpg

Here is Phinny with his happy colours on after a nice swim:
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

I don't have any new pics of Chloe because I've been trying not to stress her out. I'll get some soon though!

fez09

Extreme Poster
HA! Poor, sleepy Chloe! I woke eveyone up yesterday for baths too but none of them pooped. They hadn't eaten for a day or 2 before going nighty night! Isn't it sad/cute to see their drowsy eyes! It's gonna be a loooooong bring winter!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
It's an absolutely lovely day here, so I got to take everyone outside. I took Chloe out first and then Phinny, both in the back yard. By the time I was done with Phinny, the back yard was in shadow so I took Bob out front for his dose of UV. He was sitting quietly in the grass by the sidewalk sunning himself while I read my book on the front step. A kid selling newspaper subscriptions door to door approached me and launched into an obviously well rehearsed sales pitch. Midway through, Bob moved ever so slightly and the kid noticed him. He started to stumble over his words and took off as soon as I said we weren't interested - he didn't even try to convince me. Thanks Bob, you've earned your worms and salad for today! :laughhard:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Poor newspaper kid, I'll bet he ran out of there. Bob did indeed earn his keep today. As long as he's not chasing you anymore! That visual is just too funny, poor kid. Bet he never saw a real dragon before! :D

All 5 were sleeping Friday, it was so quiet...but they were all woken up Sat am for baths & poops, as they're all eating when they're up. So I have a journal now to keep track of who was up when & what they ate, so I know when to wake them up. Once they refuse food after a poop I'll let them sleep as long as they want.

Deb

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
Jasper was an inspiration to us all, he was one of the first beardies I read all about when we first joined. I am so glad that you were his mommy, I do think he knew how loved (and spoiled) he had it. You are so amazing, Sandi, you go to the ends of this earth for your babies. I think Jasper is one of the super special guardian angels at Rainbow Bridge.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
We all miss Jasper, I do also. I just realized that you lost Jasper 19 days after we lost Redrock. It was very frustrating for me that I did every thing right with her and still lost her due to a freak accident. I missed the 2 years anniversary of her loss because I was thinking on other lines. I didn't realize it then, or this year until recently but we lost her the day before the 9-11 anniversary. I wish we could all have all the beardies we have now and those we've lost in the past also. That would give us 6 beardies. It would give you 5 Sandi. Can you imagine juggling 5 beardies? I'm not sure we could juggle the 6 we would have.

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I can't imagine having 5 normal beardies, let alone my special needs crew. Three keep me hopping even when they're all healthy! I don't know how the multiple beardie owners do it!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
I know, Sandi. The only way Barb does it is to let other things go. She has 10 and Bill doesn't feel he could handle 3 (we've only had a max of 2 at one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom