Phineas, Bob, and Chloe *Breaking News*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make a new thread for the terrible trio here because I want to keep all of their updates in one place, but I don't want to spam up the Introductions section. It was one month ago today that I picked them up. Can you believe it? A month already!

Phineas is doing GREAT. He has really got the hang of eating worms from a dish. Now he can eat all of the worms I put in there in less than ten minutes. Now I'm starting to teach him to eat worms out of his salad bowl. He's catching on really quickly, and I'm hoping he's getting a few bites of salad at the same time. His weight increased dramatically this week. He's up to 502g this week from 458g last week. My big boy is finally starting to fill out and look less like Skinny Phinny, and more like Phat Phinny. :mrgreen: He poops every day or two, loves his baths, and best of all, loves to cuddle with me.

Bob still hates me and isn't shy about showing it. I had him out for his daily walkabout today, and the little brat kept running away from me! His mouth rot is starting to clear up, but not as well as I would like. Getting a q-tip in his mouth is very, very difficult, so his medication schedule is not as consistent as it should be. He's not much of an eater - only three or four worms every day. His weight has been holding steady at just over 400g for the last couple of weeks, so I'm not too worried. He leaves me a tiny poop every morning.

Chloe doesn't like me much either, and I'm a bit worried about her right now. She used to be a voracious eater, but she's really slowed down. The last few days, she hasn't eaten anything at all. I tried to syringe feed her tonight and she wasn't having any of it. I didn't weigh her today because she seemed really stressed out and I didn't want to make it worse. She's had her dark colours on for quite a while and it worries me. The only reason I can think of that she isn't feeling well is maybe because of the switch from the Megaray in the big enclosure with Bob, to the ReptiSun 10.0 in her new enclosure. I was going to wait until the ReptiSun's six months were up before I got her a Megaray, but I decided to order her a Megaray today just in case that's the problem. It should be here in a week or two so hopefully it will help her to perk up a bit.

Here is a picture of how I found Bob sleeping the other night:
IMG_0738.jpg

Here is Bob with his brand new tummy:
IMG_0736.jpg

Here is Phinny with his happy colours on after a nice swim:
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

I don't have any new pics of Chloe because I've been trying not to stress her out. I'll get some soon though!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Bob gave me two presents tonight... sexy legs...
IMG_0857.jpg

...and a sexy arm! Also, the palm of that sexy arm has raspberry stains on it. :mrgreen:
IMG_0860.jpg

And here is my darling weirdo Chloe. I took this picture at 11 at night. She is sound asleep.
How is it possible for her to sleep like this???
IMG_0864.jpg

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hope your'e having a nice Christmas Day :D

Eveyone wanted to say hello and Merry Christmas you and your family and Phineas, Chloe and Bob:
Angel, Sweetie and Issy:
AngelinthesleighSweetieIssyonthecus.jpg

Rubio sang Christmas Songs:
Issy20082301-1.jpg

And Lonzo was listening in:
Lonzoonhiswindowledge.jpg

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR. I'm glad I got these pics easier, so far not one dragon has stirred, so we'll see if we get visits and cuddles today!

Deborah and Roger, not to forget Rocco, our golden gecko and Giancarlo, our Beta fish. can you tell my husband's Italian? he's named most of the beardies!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Aw, it looks like you and the gang had a nice Christmas Deb! :D

Chloe gave me a lovely 3-in-1 present this morning. The first part was that she pooped - hooray! It's been quite a while! The second part was that it was a normal looking poop. And the third part was that she went on a blankie in her viv so I didn't have to do any scrubbing! :blob8:

Bob, naturally, waited until I had my jacket and shoes on to do a big, wet, messy poop in his viv. Of course I had to clean it up before I left and was late getting out to my parents' place because of it. :roll:

ETA: Woot! Just found out that the fish/reptile shop that I go to is having a big Boxing Day sale tomorrow, featuring... 40x18x19 front opening mesh top terrariums for only $150!!! I will be going straight there after work to see if I can hook Phin and Chloe up with some new, bigger tanks. Yahoo!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Chloe has gained just over 90g - almost 50% of her original body weight - since I brought her home. And guess what? Last night, she slept on her hammock (instead of under it) for the first time EVER! I am so happy and I don't even know why! :lol:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Wow, I thought she looked like she had gained some chub! It's funny how the littlest things can make us so happy isn't it?

fez09

Extreme Poster
Love the new pics! Good luck on finding a new viv, now should be a great time to catch them on sale!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
:blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Got them! Well, technically, I paid for them and will pick them up tomorrow. They wouldn't fit in my car. :oops: :mrgreen: They are really nice vivs... screen top and screen on the top half of each end for circulation; front opening, lockable sliding doors; and a decent size (40x18x20). Although it doesn't increase their floor space by too much, the top will be high enough that I can give them stuff to climb on now. Currently, Phin and Chloe are in vivs that are only 12" tall, so climbing is out of the question. And now I won't have to move all their lights every time I want to pick one of them up or do some cleaning. I'm so excited!!!

So, I came home and found the following scene. I don't know what happened between Bob and the stuffed guinea pig today, but it appears to have been dramatic.
IMG_0870.jpg

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Haha, maybe we need a Bob and Guinea comic strip! One day I came home and Lilly had moved her bear all the way across the viv :shock: . I think her tank is only 12" high, but we have climbing stuff in there (it's a 40 breeder).

amylee159

Gray-bearded Member
Jasper's Mom":a036d said:
Aw, it looks like you and the gang had a nice Christmas Deb! :D

Chloe gave me a lovely 3-in-1 present this morning. The first part was that she pooped - hooray! It's been quite a while! The second part was that it was a normal looking poop. And the third part was that she went on a blankie in her viv so I didn't have to do any scrubbing! :blob8:

Bob, naturally, waited until I had my jacket and shoes on to do a big, wet, messy poop in his viv. Of course I had to clean it up before I left and was late getting out to my parents' place because of it. :roll:

ETA: Woot! Just found out that the fish/reptile shop that I go to is having a big Boxing Day sale tomorrow, featuring... 40x18x19 front opening mesh top terrariums for only $150!!! I will be going straight there after work to see if I can hook Phin and Chloe up with some new, bigger tanks. Yahoo!

Darnit!! 150 bucks!?!?! What a steal!!

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I know! They were so cheap. I was shocked when I got there and they still had some left. I got them at Big Al's.

I also picked up some new cage furniture for Phinny. His viv is pretty bare looking, so I got him some driftwood and another ramp thing. My boyfriend and I are going to be moving in together in a house in the next couple of months, so I've decided to put the new vivs in storage out at my parents' place until we move. My apartment is so small that I just don't have room for the new vivs and the old ones. My parents will hold on to the new vivs until we move, and we'll just move the dragons directly into the new vivs at the new house. Then my dad will sell the old ones on Kijiji. It will save me some grief when it comes time to pack up and move, but it's killing me to have to wait to move Phin and Chloe into their new digs.

Chloe stayed on her hammock all day today. When I got home, she had sort of slid half off but was still partially on there. I guess she likes it! :love5:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Congrats on you and the boyfriend getting a house soon. How exciting for you! :blob8:
I'm sure Chloe and Phin can wait for their new homes. Compared to their old life.. they are living high on the hog right now :wink: :mrgreen:
Sandi... is Kijiji similar to ebay or craigslist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom