Phillip, My new dragon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After many, many years of wanting, and several months of preparing I finally got my dragon! I was going to wait and order one from a breeder online, but today, when I went to Petsmart I knew I just had to have him. He was the prettiest baby and was sold to me as a fancy dragon for an extra $20. It took me a long time to decide if I still wanted him, but how could I resist his little, cutie face? None of the other connected with me like he did.

005_zps6de707e0.jpg

008_zps582950e5.jpg

Does he look like he's going to colorful? Maybe orange? In the store he was lighter with brighter orange on his back.

So far he's eaten 3 crickets, 1 small roach, and a piece of salad.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I got him some wax worms, and he tried to eat them on his own, but every time he went to grab one, it looked like his head was having a seizure and he would stumble back a bit. At least he's interested and trying :( I ended up force feeding him 3 with some hertivite dust.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
Just remember not to feed him too many wax worms. They are more meant as a treat then a staple. It would be like us eating cake and cookies all the time. (Lindz explained it to me this way and it makes sense)

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
007_zpsa1931a65.jpg

Now, his tank looks like this. He climbed up the rocks and it looked unsafe for him, so I took them out until he feels better.

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yes, he has a UVB. I got a powersun bulb for him. He seems to like it. When he's under it, a nice bright color.
I'll try and not give him too many wax worms. I just wanted to give him some energy, and fat's supoosed to be good for the brain. Maybe it'll help him a little bit.
I'll definitely try the apple sauce idea. I have some plain in the fridge right now. Is there anything else I can try? can I blend his salad with a little water and ry to feed him that?

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Niveus":3rs67sbm said:
This is a picture of my setup for my beardie, Bad picture i know lol, but i like to add lots of fake plants and stuff to make it look as natural as possible. Really bad light glare :wink:
For your beardie you may want to not force feed him, i had to do that for my old beardie who was the runt of the clutch which just caused them more stress, what you may want to do is get a syringe thing and fill it with auple sauce or something and get him to drink it. It will help him stay hydrated as well, until he is better and can eat himself.

ICAM0002_zps51ce1a0a.jpg

I like that set up. Did you get the plants at a craft store? I'll try and pick some up soon to put along the back wall.

Junebug

Hatchling Member
Beautiful Beardie Baby!! Sorry about the injury! Hopefully he bounces back quickly! I just got a 5 week old beardie from a breeder over a week ago, I got him plants also, which he really likes. But I have to take them out when I feed him, as the Dubia's really like to hide in them! He has slept in his plant though, its been one of his many super cute and funny sleeping positions! Good Luck with his recovery :) !

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
004_zpsa882980c.jpg

He tried eating some arugula this morning, but still couldn't quite get it. Instead of going towards the food, he would stumble back :(

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
He is very cute! I have a question, I have been looking at that kind of light fixture for my tanks. Does it work well?

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I love his light. It's 160 watts and heats up his 40 gallon breeder nicely.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Sorry, lol. I meant the lamp stand. I worded it wrong. That is the one that attached to the side of the cage right?

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yeah, it's the fixture that attaches to the tank. I regret it now because I can't find a back ground. I tried to attach one to the inside of the tank, but the tape won't stick to the silicon :angry5: Do you know if they can climb those 3d exo terra ones?

kelii

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
006_zps6c9844ee.jpg

I got some nice plants. I like how they frame the rocks. Now, I just need a background that can go on the inside of the tank, and another piece of wood. From now on his decor is going to be nice and low.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom