Petsmart Leatherback

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a beautiful baby leatherback in my local Petsmart. I just got another dragon though, but I wish I could get that leatherback! :(
I do have a 40gal available and a small dubia colony I would just need to get another UVB lamp...

Don't know if I should go back and get him/her...

:(

luissandoval87

Original Poster
I'm not 100% sure it's a leatherback but from what I know they've got smooth backs.
I went back to Petsmart and took some pictures I was wondering if you guys know if it is a type of leatherback

I know it's not the best picture but he was moving around a lot
photo_zps75c8f980.jpg

vampy

Juvie Member
Looks like a leatherback to me. Regular dragons have rough scales and lots of spikes on their sides, silkbacks are totally smooth with no spikes, leatherbacks are somewhere in between, smoother skin than normals with a few spikes on their sides.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's a real sweet looking baby, I agree it looks like a leatherback. Great that he/she has already eaten too, hopefully he'll live a long + happy life. I hope you don't mind, but I have a suggestion to get him eating greens right from the start, he'll be healthier and better hydrated all his life. Just in case he won't eat them from a bowl, try shredding small pieces of turnip or mustard greens and just drop them near hin in the tank, a few little pieces at a time. Most babies are attracted to the movement, and will go right for them .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom