Petition for petsmart and pet co!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMomSandy

Gray-bearded Member
Brian, they do this because they are reserving the other vivs for more reptiles that will be arriving in the next dar or two. And when they place an order with their wholesaler, they are required to order a minimum dollar amount. They are also coming into the holiday season, and at this time of year they sell more reptiles, birds, fish and furries than at any other time so they "stock up" early. You'll notice the vivs for the other animals starting to get quite crowded as well. All for the "Almighty Dollar"! :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thanks everybody!! Keep it going!! We are starting to get somewhere!! Thanks Brian, that just sucks what they do!!!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
if it wasnt for having to buy the kitty litter for our cats there i would never enter that d**n place.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
I know what you mean I go there for the cat and dog and try so hard to avoid the herps and I always seem to meander over there and end up torturing myself!

spyder79

Extreme Poster
Same here i always try to avoid the herp area but its right there at the entrance and it is almost impossible to walk past without looking. then i piss myself off and walk around unhappy till we leave lol.

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Same here, they do have the best prices on food :( Just don't look-just don't look :banghead: :banghead:

Someone I talked to today who knows a thing or 2 about reptiles wanted to know if we had any vets on board to back up what we want to say to corporate. It would be a really good idea. Would make us more creditable.

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
vickson420":70cc1 said:
If you click the link on the first page of my petition thread it will bring you to the petition where you can sign electronically.It will at one point ask for a donation but you can disregard that part it will still accept your signature.

What I meant is do we need to set up a new one to include both stores and other reptile issues?? Can we just post the link on Facebook? Sorry, I just excited when I'm posting and get grammetically confused. :lol: I'm such a dweeb.

midwestreptiles

Hatchling Member
I have been thinking about this whole petition thing and please tell me if you agree or disagree. But just like the HR669 bill failed the first time around because it was to broad. I feel like by far petco is the worst of the big chains. Petsmart is ok some are good some are just as bad, but in my experiences most have some properly educated people working herps. I think this petition should just be focused towards petco and see how it goes. I think we would be setting our selves up to fail if we try and nail them all in one ya know...

Also i was going to ask is there an actual topic or goal of the petition? Like to stop them from selling herps or to require them to re design they're caging and properly educate they're employees...

Thanks

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Freddiesmom
I see where your going with this now.I would think we could start a facebook page then post the link to the original petition as well as possibly the info for the PO Box that is being set up and create a Mission statement on that link.I would like to see USARK get involved in some way as well.Then we can start putting the pressure on now with that said let me explain why I went after Petco alone,as midwestreptiles just stated sometimes if you make the stroke of the pen too broad then the message gets lost.While Petsmart is very flawed it doesnt come close to the damage that Petco has managed to do with their care and their advice IMO.Petsmart does need correction as well but they have made voluntary strides to alter their care to keep with the times(even though they have fallen short) and Petco has not.If we can get them in line then I believe Petsmart as well as some of the other chains will follow for fear they will be left behind in the industry.Also if we can manage to get the ears of some of the animal protection agencies or political activists then we may not need to have a broad attack because it will spread that way.In other words it is better to pierce the heart of the beast with a hot needle then try to hack off the head with a dull axe if you know what I mean. :wink:

holnik

Hatchling Member
i was thinking of getting a beardie from there but decided 2 go 2 a better store because those beardies are ugly!!!! they r undersized!!!! they are sidewalk gray!!! and they look like they are just bred as fst as they can!!
i think it is sad!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: it makes my blood boil!!!! :angry5: :angry5: :angry5: :angry5:

midwestreptiles

Hatchling Member
vickson420":77ac4 said:
Freddiesmom
I see where your going with this now.I would think we could start a facebook page then post the link to the original petition as well as possibly the info for the PO Box that is being set up and create a Mission statement on that link.I would like to see USARK get involved in some way as well.Then we can start putting the pressure on now with that said let me explain why I went after Petco alone,as midwestreptiles just stated sometimes if you make the stroke of the pen too broad then the message gets lost.While Petsmart is very flawed it doesnt come close to the damage that Petco has managed to do with their care and their advice IMO.Petsmart does need correction as well but they have made voluntary strides to alter their care to keep with the times(even though they have fallen short) and Petco has not.If we can get them in line then I believe Petsmart as well as some of the other chains will follow for fear they will be left behind in the industry.Also if we can manage to get the ears of some of the animal protection agencies or political activists then we may not need to have a broad attack because it will spread that way.In other words it is better to pierce the heart of the beast with a hot needle then try to hack off the head with a dull axe if you know what I mean. :wink:

Thanks you i dont think it could have been said any better than that :)

Freddiemom

Juvie Member
Thanks for clarifyng that for me. I think you have a good point about going after Petco--but would'nt be just as affective to go after industry standards as a group? If we are doing it go all the way. Just my 2 cents :D I will follow whatever is decided. To that point also are we gonna go after all herps with this or just beardies? I don't know what the best plan of attack would be. If just going after beardies at Petco is what is going to work best than that's what we should do. I have always disliked Petco & chose Petsmart over them. I just don't know if there are enough bad "stories".

midwestreptiles

Hatchling Member
Id say all herps and yes there needs to be a focus on bearded dragons.

Freddiemom":42c10 said:
Thanks for clarifyng that for me. I think you have a good point about going after Petco--but would'nt be just as affective to go after industry standards as a group? If we are doing it go all the way. Just my 2 cents :D I will follow whatever is decided. To that point also are we gonna go after all herps with this or just beardies? I don't know what the best plan of attack would be. If just going after beardies at Petco is what is going to work best than that's what we should do. I have always disliked Petco & chose Petsmart over them. I just don't know if there are enough bad "stories".

As for this i think that by going after petco and narrowing the range of companies we go after down we can focus harder and be more effective. And if we get em good like you said go after the whole industry by going after petco ( the biggest and by far worst) the industry ie. other companies should follow. just my thought process...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom