Petco strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duriel

I know there's a million threads on it, but I didn't want this to get lost.

68BA7EA7-66D0-4D5A-8657-578750ECAF4B-3899-000010FB1A0A3EF0.jpg

36979313-F615-43ED-B91E-EC34DF571D32-3899-000010FB0986E853.jpg

What's this? 4 ~4" babies in a ~12x12" enclosure on sand, with mealworms and no veggies? Can't comment on the lighting they are using, but it's a "shelf" system and I don't really see room for a basking lamp. Also, at 99$ for these "sandfires" (I know nothing about morphs, but they looked pretty normal to me), my money is on (at least most of) them dying before sale. If I was rich, I'd take them all in.

:banghead:

JangoMom

Sub-Adult Member
that's how our petco is here.. I even seen they had greens and veggies in there tank but they were the size of the baby beardies heads.. the crickets too! I was so mad!

owtoty

Hatchling Member
I got my bearded dragon at petsmart and they took VERY good care of them. They had reptile carpet, veggies, and they said they fed them crickets outside of the cage so that they won't get food aggressive. My bearded dragon is very healthy and happy today. So I guess it matters what store it is.

Katie007

Sub-Adult Member
My local Petsmart is literally not allowed to give veggies. I use to work for Petsmart and we would have to use our own money to provide veggies, and now I've heard they don't even allow that anymore. :?

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Our local Petco manager told us that is now their policy to give them only greens and mealworms. I, personally, have seen two die since they switched from crickets to mealworms. One right now is so lethargic that it can't even stand up. I don't get it.

Duriel

Original Poster
No new pics, but one looks like it's about to die. Ridiculously skinny and eyes half closed.

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
@ mom swims so why don't u talk to your manager about it tell him the proper care and if u have to print him care sheets off here and tell him about the site

Momswims1

Juvie Member
Regarding speaking with the manager, we pulled a book on bearded dragons off their own shelf and showed him in the book the pages on diet that says not to feed them mealworms, that it can be deadly. He just shrugged his shoulders and said that it is company policy. We showed him the sick beardie he did not say anything. A couple of days later, it was gone.
Not sure what else to do that would have any affect.
There are some nice people who work in that store, but the manager is the one who calls the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom