PETCO IS HAVING A BEARDED DRAGON AWARENESS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashee

Sub-Adult Member
No, I haven't. I didn't know that was an option. I work at PetCo but I don't believe I've seen it there unless I'm overlooking it.

JenFid

Sub-Adult Member
I started using liquid calcium and vitamins at lauraj's suggestion back when Sarth wasn't eating and I'm really glad I made the switch. I just drip it on his nose during bath time and he laps most of it up. The multivitamin from beardeddragon.co smells really good too lol, and it's all natural ingredients :) You should try it! Only a couple bucks a bottle.

And it looks like I have something interesting to do this Saturday now :eek:

I am going, I saw a really nice big beautiful dragon at the petco by my house that I will be going and getting. Whoever takes care of the beardies there knows what they are doing. All the ones they have are huge and where tiny about a month ago. For only like $30(im using the 50% off coupon) it's a steal. :D

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Can't go, sadly. Nearest Petco is about 200 miles away, in Southaven. All the closer stores, including the ones here in Jackson, are Petsmarts. (I'd like to go support the one in Southaven, if I could - they've got a really nice shop, always clean cages, healthy-looking animals. I've never bought an animal there, and have never spoken to the employees about care, so don't know if they're any better than average, but clean cages and the appearance of health are better than I've seen at a lot of petstores!)

gryphonsmom

Hatchling Member
thegreybush":1cg13gbe said:
I have the manager of the local Petco calling me this afternoon to talk about having me there with a table to talk with folks about beardies' general information, care, nutrition, and tips. I'll be bringing along at least 3 of mine for interaction. Most likely the 3 adults who are most calm. Too bad we don't have a t-shirt that represents the forum community.
How did you swing that?? I really need to call my local Petco early tomorrow to ask if that's ok. Hopefully their manager will be as welcoming as yours.

thegreybush

Juvie Member
I'm not sure I actually did. He kept calling me before I'd get off of work. It seems we both work the same hours, go figure. So when I'd call him back he'd be gone home already. I'm going in there regardless today and helping people with whatever they need. I have to run out to Bridge's Pets first though and exchange a 48" tube for a 36" tube. I bought the wrong one yesterday. I thought my 48" hood was packin something larger underneath until I got home and went...oh that's it? damnit....

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
I went and there was noone there buying dragons.. They had about 10 in the cage at a whole 80 degrees, and they were all black and grey :( I would have scooped them all up if I could have. I did buy some waxworms for a treat for my beardies while I was there. It was the first time I could actually buy them without having over half of them dead.

lauraj1055

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Oh, and they also had over 100 containers of mealworms.. OBVIOUSLY that is what they were going to push everyone to feed the dragons. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom