Petco Beardie not doing well

Status
Not open for further replies.

monsegur

I purchased a bearded dragon from peptco on december 24 for my son ..I was told he is 4 weeks old , his eyes are always closed and his head seems low to the ground, I bathed him in warm water and noticed he pooped white liquid is that normal or is that considered diarrea?also ,I purchased everything in the supermarket but he seems to only want crickets but today he has not eaten anything .. I only have a 15 day warranty but I really want this little guy to make it ..please help

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
monsegur":e4617 said:
I purchased a bearded dragon from peptco on december 24 for my son ..I was told he is 4 weeks old , his eyes are always closed and his head seems low to the ground, I bathed him in warm water and noticed he pooped white liquid is that normal or is that considered diarrea?also ,I purchased everything in the supermarket but he seems to only want crickets but today he has not eaten anything .. I only have a 15 day warranty but I really want this little guy to make it ..please help
Hello
I started your own thread here just so your issues can be discussed.I am going to post a list of questions in one minute I would like you to answer.

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
How old is your dragon?
How long have you had your dragon?
How long is your dragon?
What is the sex of your dragon?
What size enclosure do you have your dragon in?
What type substrate do you have on the bottom of your tank?
Do you use UVB lights?
If so, Is it a coil, compact, fluorescent tube, or Mercury Vapor bulb?
What is the brand name and number of your bulb? Wattage (if MVB)?
How old is your UVB bulb?
How close can your dragon get to the UVB?
Do you use a separate basking bulb? What kind and what is the wattage?
What are the basking temps?
What is the cool side temp?
Do you take the temps with a stick on thermometer, a digital thermometer with a wire and a probe end or a temp gun?
Where exactly are you taking your basking temps?
Do you use a heat rock or heat pad?
What do you feed your dragon? Please be specific.
How often do you feed and what time do you feed (morning, afternoon, night)?
Do you gutload (feed) your crickets, worms, etc?
Do you use vitamin or calcium supplements? What brand(s)? How many days a week do you use each of them?
Is your dragon having regular bowel movements (poops)?
Do you bath your dragon? How often?
Do you mist your dragon or offer water other than in the bath?
Does your dragon share an enclosure with another dragon?
Have you gotten a vet check and fecal done?

spike911

I purchased mine from Petco also and he almost died. They sold me all the wrong lights and didn't sell me a heat lamp they were both uv bulbs and the guy didn't know what he was doing. He almost died after the 15 days and they would of replaced him but we were already attached and I can't tell you how upset I was. Anyways once I got the heat right and the uv right he did better but I bathed him every day and held him constantly. During this period I didn't allow the kids to hold him or be rowdy around him. It took weeks but he got better and everyone on this site was apart of his recovery as they helped me to figure out the problem and get him what he needed as I was 3 hours from a vet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom