Pet store MVBs same in hardware store?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeyla

Hello everyone

I'm a new beardie owner and i was reading the topics about the MVBs, and i was wondering if the bulbs are the same whether you buy them from a hardware store or a pet store? Right now i have a reptiglo 10.0 bulb with a 100w basking bulb, and i want to replace the reptiglo bulb since so many people here say its not a good choice for uvb rays, etc. Also, is there a difference in the Reptisun 5.0 and 10.0 bulbs? If so, may i ask what it is.

Thank you for your help.

akingsley9000

Gray-bearded Member
MVBs are not the same as what you would get in the hardware store. The ones in hardware stores give off UVA but no UVB which is what beardies need.

There is a difference in the Repti-Sun 5.0 & Repti-Sun 10.0 in that the 10.0 gives off higher amounts of UVB (10% vs 5%). The Repti-sun 5.0 is not strong enough for beardies.

Xeyla

Original Poster
Thanks for clearing that up. Now i can replace my bulbs with the correct ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom