Personality, Oh she's got personality

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolphinsilversea01

Juvie Member
I just wanted to share a little thing that happened last night that proves a few things...

While having Spike out last night, I put him on the floor so he can chase a dubia or two. My daughter has not seen this, so I thought I would see if Spike was hungry. She didn't seem too into the dubias and was just kind of chillin on the floor. She then looked up and over at Erica and tilted her head. She then walked over to Erica, passed me :angry5: :mrgreen: , stopped right infront of where Erica was sitting, and lifted her head up as far as she could. Erica always rubs Spike under her chin. Once Erica started to do this, Spike plopped her belly onto the floor and was content.
I've not seen this type of behavior much from a reptile. It was obvious and evident that Spike knew who Erica was and that Erica is the one that rubs under her chin.
This was proof to me that reptiles, especially beardies, have recognition, memory, knowledge, emotion, and understanding. It as the cutest thng ever! I wish I had a camera going to video it and share it with you all.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Oh yes they know! :D Before brumation, Bogie would go straight to Katherine for the same thing. Chin rubs seem to be the best way to a beardies heart, after feeding of course! He plays a kind of tag hide and seek with Daniel. It's fun to watch, but I'm not quite sure of the rules. They do seem to love the kids though. Who da thought? :D

Sandy H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom