People of Walmart "crazy dragon lady"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackerson92

1005812_10151537659156459_189226072_n.jpg

Okay, I need to know that I'm not in a minority here. My aunt sent me this picture from the People of Walmart Facebook page, and I was absolutely shocked to see the number of supposed beardie lovers who were applauding the woman in the picture. Am I crazy, or is it crazy to bring seven bearded dragons with you to walmart, or any other crowded shopping center, for that matter? I don't even know how this woman plans on doing her groceries with that many dragons hanging off her chest and arms! Taking one is one thing, seven is just too much for me.

I have to know what the people here think; is this an acceptable thing for a beardie owner to do?

zandi202

BD.org Addict
My Walmart doesn't allow animals period so I wouldn't do it anyways. I might take one baby (two if my boy friend is willing to help) to Petco.

Plus a couple of them don't look so hot so if they're under the weather they shouldn't have been brought period, especially with all the germs at a Walmart store.

wmwelch

If I take a bearded dragon with me out for a short trip, it would not be to Walmart, as there is no such thing as a quick trip to Walmart, but seven never in a million years. I have taken one on trips to Petsmart, and even a brief stop by Office Depot on the way back from Petsmart. Plus my dragons would want to fight one another.

I can't help but picture the chaos that would ensue if something were to spook the dragons and they scattered throughout the store. :lol:

Wendy

zandi202

BD.org Addict
If I saw a bearded dragon wandering around Walmart I would be: "Mine!" and walk away. :lol: Not really...well, maybe.

Siren

Juvie Member
My Walmart would not allow her in. I have taken my beardies out in the past to pet stores, quick trips to places that allow my beardie like CVS, Blockbuster, etc. Also have taken them on nature walks and to the beach. Also have taken them to my daughter's school for educational purposes.

Soulwind

Sub-Adult Member
I take my dragons on trips every once in a while. Nothing wrong with that.

HOWEVER, 7 at once is excessive, distracting, and potentially dangerous to the dragons.

AND No Harness/Lead is simply Unforgivable.

argolupin

Hatchling Member
No grocery store would ever allow reptiles in as it could get them shut down by the health department. there are a couple of wal~mart test stores that have a "petshop" and grooming salon attached but still they should not be allowed into the rest of the store... i have taken all 6 of my beardies with me at the same time to petsmart (along with all 4 of the leopards and the ball python) but that is because i was on my way to the vets to get weights on everyone and my vet lets me borrow the scale once in awhile.everyone was in there travel carriers individually and i alternated who i had out. (i always keep hand sanatizer in my bag to clean my hands between each of them)

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is absolutely insane! What would she do if one or more suddenly decide to jump off and take off running? How would she be able to chase after it and still hold on to the others??

Hi Siren! Welcome back to bd.org!

Oriheme

Juvie Member
Good Lord! That's a lot of dragons!!! I've tajen Boba Fett in wal mart once but he was underneath my shirt and slept the whole time!! I have brought him to the hard ware store multiple times (they love him) thriftway and to the shell I work at... my manager is totally creeped out but took a picture of him lol. I take him out in about all the time. Hes real good and loves just hanging out looking at people!!

Jaskotch

Juvie Member
well they look like a bunch of obese dragons- i guess the likelihood that one would get a notion to do much of anything involving physical activity (like jumping off) is - unlike the dragons - pretty slim.... hardee har har......... :lol:

Does Petsmart allow bearded dragons in their store? Like if I went for a quick run in to buy crickets with him on my shoulder (in the future, he's still a baby right now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom