pellets vs veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
i was wondering if its okay to skip out feeding my BD veggies as long as shes eating the pellets? my dragon loves the pellets but wont touch any of the veggies except for romaine which is bad for her..the brand is rep-cal juvenile bearded dragon food. my dragons going on to 4months and is about 12inchs i know shes not a juvenile but is this okay? i mean the pellets have more vitamins and stuff then veggies alone

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
Honestly, there is nothing better than the real thing.. meaning veggies. I know the pellets are packed with vitamins and nutrients, but they will never compare to real veggies. The greens/veggies also aid in hydration, digestion and bowel movements, believe it or not. :D
While the pellets are good to feed, I would still offer the fresh salads as well. Have you ever tried putting the pellets in with the salads?

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Haha yea I tried that shed just eat the pellets she would actually move the veggies to get the lower pellets on. The bottom of the dish

thegreybush

Juvie Member
I cold turkey'd one of my dragons from an all pellet diet. I took about a week. She didn't starve cuz she still enjoyed the live feeders. Now she's a great veggie eater. She loves the shredded squash and carrots and greens and kale.

Pellets aren't bad, but there is the hydration factor as mentioned. And the fiber factor. One thing I noticed was when she was on pellets, her poop was almost synthetic looking (It was so smoothly formed and bright glowing green). They're picky. I'm not advising you to go starve your dragon cuz we said veggies are better.

sinko562

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
yea true buts it a little bit harded when my BD only likes to eat the not so great veggies like romaine and wont touch like butter squash or collards and kale haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom