Pedro went to a new home today *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoapDish

Pedro my male beardie went to a new home today. He was given to me a year ago along with another "male" "El Guapo" turns out that he was a she and she laid eggs. So after the the advice I got to separate them, I decided that I wasn't financially able to buy or build another viv so I gave him to someone who just lost their male that they had for years. on a happy note the Female ate 3 dozen crix and is on her way to plumping back up. :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

Freeie

Extreme Poster
You did the right thing, and just think you made someone else really happy by getting another one to replace the one they lost. Wow eggs. I happy to hear she is eating well :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
You did a very tough thing and I applaud you for that. Its so hard to let one of your babies go, but you are ensuring they both have happy and healthy lives.
Hi five to you man :)

Holly

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
Hey, good for you! We see so many people ask for advice and then not follow it...You're really doing what's best for your beardies:)

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
I'm sure that even with that lack of funds it must have been a difficult decision for you to make. But I think you made someone else very happy that should make you feel good about your decision. :wink:

SoapDish

Original Poster
Thank you all very much for your support. I was a VERY hard decision to make, but the little girl is doing SO much better. She is way more active and eating a ton and she seems to be less temperamental. Seeing how good she is doing now makes me feel horrible about keeping them together for so long.I didn't know any better, but now I do so I'll just have to look at it as a learning experience and keep pluggin on and trying to make her happier. I do want to make her a bigger/better viv, but now I at least have some time and I can think about it while I'm rebuilding some of my rat cages and redoing the rat room (read that as my "Top Secret Roach Breeding Facility" :mrgreen:) My old man doesn't like my rats and he thinks roaches are disgusting, but I can't keep paying $1.90/doz for 1/2-3/4" crix at the local pet shop.

Now I have to come up with a new name for her since "El Guapo" isn't so fitting.

SoapDish

Original Poster
I have decided to name her Marge and I noticed that she might be getting lumpy. I hope she isn't gravid. I was just getting weight back on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom