Passed away, seeking answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Hello all. This evening my little baby Spyro passed away, sometime between 5-8 pm when I was at work. Later I'll write up a memorial post when I can wrap my head around this, but right now I'd just like some input, as I've never lost a dragon before.

For some background info, he was a rescue, and he recently took a nasty fall off of my bed, as well as contracting a respiratory issue. He was not able to walk, but he was gaining more movement. I had just finished treating him with Tylan for his respiratory issues, he was taking probiotic powder mixed with water daily. He hadn't pooped in probably 2 weeks or more, even though I bathed him and even gave him olive oil.

Sort of graphic below. My apologies.

When I found my little buddy, there was a big urate, the size of a poo, but it was all urate. His eyes were sunken very very far into his head. Also, his claws are filled with blood and some places under his scales there is blood too. When I picked him up, some fluid came out of his mouth which leads me to believe that he couldn't fight his respiratory issue any longer, but that doesn't explain the other things. I don't really know what a "normal" beardie death looks like, so if anybody has input on this, please let me know. Thanks guys.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Aw, I'm sorry to hear Spryo didn't make it... My condolences to you, you tried hard for him. I can't really help, but the surest way to find a cause of death is to have an postmortem done by a vet.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about little Spyro. :cry: I had thought he was doing much better.
Perhaps the fall had led to internal complications that weren't found. It could have been issues due to the respiratory problems, too.
The only way to get more answers is an autopsy, unfortunately. I know that isn't a very pleasant scenario.

My sincere condolences.

Tracie

plantkisser

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks to both of you, I appreciate the kind thoughts. It was very unexpected but I guess it was just his time. Unfortunately an autopsy is not quite in the budget but that's alright. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom