Parazap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Hi,

I got a fecal done on Nero last week and it turns out that he has "a few eggs" (vet quote). I think she said pinworms - there were no tapeworms or hookworms. The vet said beardies naturally have low numbers of parasites in their systems but she did not recommend medicating him right now. She said that I should send in a second sample in a few weeks to check the counts. He's also had a decrease in appetite, but I'd thought that was semi-brumation. He's not sleeping - he's active, basks and stays awake - he's just not eating much. I got bee pollen but it hasn't helped.

Anyway, I just now ordered Parazap. We're going away for Christmas and I'm concerned that the stress of a trip will cause the counts to go up - leaving him at home isn't an option. Hopefully it'll be here before we leave. I know he has to stay hydrated, but should I give him a probiotic also just in case? Any other tips? I've already cleaned out his viv and baked his furniture.

dragonfanatic4454

Hatchling Member
Parazap is all natural and I don't believe a probiotic is necessary to use with it. Parazap is also used as a preventative not usually as an actually cure but with a small case it is worth a shot. Something else that people on this forum seem to be having positive results from is reptaid. It is also all natural and is said to get rid of small infestations of parasites. I would suggest reading the reptaid thread in this section of the forums and see what people have said about it.

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you! I've skimmed the reptaid discussion. I'll likely try Reptaid if the second fecal comes up with higher counts. Parazap should come in today *fingers crossed*

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I know this is an old thread now but I just wanted to keep it updated for other people that use the search function :D

We're on day 2 of the Parazap tea. I gave Nero about 3 mL yesterday and 1.5 mL today. He usually poops once every 2-3 days but this is the first time in ages that he's pooped every day. I also started giving him liquid calcium (not related to this issue, but I'm sure it helps). I am giving him a 20 minute bath every day (usually it's twice a week) for hydration. His appetite has picked up more, also, which is great. We catch him picking at his salad more often. I plan to continue the Parazap until Tuesday and then take a second fecal test in to check the counts - hopefully it will come out clear. :)

Delshara

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today would have been day 6 on the Parazap tea, but I stopped giving it yesterday. Nero's appetite did increase but since the last update to this thread he stopped pooping :cry:. He didn't go for three days but since he was eating more (on top of the Parazap tea and daily baths for hydration) he was getting visibly bloated. Today he pooped, what a relief. I don't know if the Parazap caused this or this is just a coincidence. I know adults go less often generally but he pooped on each of the first two days of Parazap.

I will take in his second fecal sample really soon because we caught him yesterday burrowing underneath his blankets in the middle of the day, which he has never done before - he might be going into brumation. I am going to stop giving the tea in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom