Parasites.

Borje

My bearded dragon, Lizzy that is around 4-6 months old started showing signs that she might have parasites. She went to the vet and turned out she had a lot of coccidias, we got medicine that we were going to give Lizzy once per day for 7 days. She eats a lot now but she still has diarrhea after the treatment and droopy eyes. Lizzy still has a lot of energy, runs around, and climbs.

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon, Lizzy that is around 4-6 months old started showing signs that she might have parasites. She went to the vet and turned out she had a lot of coccidias, we got medicine that we were going to give Lizzy once per day for 7 days. She eats a lot now but she still has diarrhea after the treatment and droopy eyes. Lizzy still has a lot of energy, runs around, and climbs.
Has another fecal been done to make sure the parasites are gone? Please NO enemas -- take another fecal in and have it tested to see if they are now gone- make sure your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 for a dragon under 6 months and 95-100 for over - a good UVB NO coils please --- they are a health hazard - did you sanitize the tank every time she pooped when on the med? F 10 works really good

Borje

Original Poster
Has another fecal been done to make sure the parasites are gone? Please NO enemas -- take another fecal in and have it tested to see if they are now gone- make sure your surface basking temps are being taken w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 for a dragon under 6 months and 95-100 for over - a good UVB NO coils please --- they are a health hazard - did you sanitize the tank every time she pooped when on the med? F 10 works really good
Will take another fecal test, thank you!

Her basking temp is good and the same with her UVB. She usually poops on her basking spot and I clean it every time. Just wondering, what can be the cause of droopy eyes as it looks like she has that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Will take another fecal test, thank you!

Her basking temp is good and the same with her UVB. She usually poops on her basking spot and I clean it every time. Just wondering, what can be the cause of droopy eyes as it looks like she has that.
Please post a pic of the eyes - could be genetics - but we need to look - has she always had he droopy eye look?

Borje

Original Poster
Please post a pic of the eyes - could be genetics - but we need to look - has she always had he droopy eye look?
When I first got her she didn't really have the droopy eye look, over time I started to notice it.

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0305.jpg
    IMG_0305.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 47
  • bild_2023-06-21_163508380.jpg
    bild_2023-06-21_163508380.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 46

Borje

Original Poster
To me it looks fine --- lets have AHBD look at it and see what she thinks
@AHBD
Here idk if you can see it better, but is it really suppose to look like this?

Attachments

• bild_2023-06-21_181915306.jpg
    bild_2023-06-21_181915306.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 46
  • bild_2023-06-21_181945735.jpg
    bild_2023-06-21_181945735.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 45

bussdebo

Beardie name(s)
Cierra, Freya, Grrl
The antibiotic kills all bacteria in the gut, good & bad. You need a probiotic to help her stomach feel better while & after being treated. Check out www.bug-de-lite.com & contact the owner, Tracie K. She's very knowledgeable.

Borje

Original Poster
The antibiotic kills all bacteria in the gut, good & bad. You need a probiotic to help her stomach feel better while & after being treated. Check out www.bug-de-lite.com & contact the owner, Tracie K. She's very knowledgeable.
I will see if that exists on Amazon, I live in Europe and they most likely don't ship here I think. I might need a little bit of help since I don't know what to look for and what is safe to use...

Last edited:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I will see if that exists on Amazon, I live in Europe and they most likely don't ship here I think. I might need a little bit of help since I don't know what to look for and what is safe to use...
You can always PM Drache613 on here she can help w/ what you can get or need or substitute

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom