Parasites

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuberNS92

Hi guys, I could use some advice. My Bearded Dragon is about 13 inches long (guessing) and approximately 10 months old. He wasn't fed properly when I first bought him, due to an ignorant Petsmart employee. He is now in a 40 gallon tank. I have yet to set up a basking area for him since he just moved. The highest temperature he can get to right now is about 83 degrees. I'm changing that tomorrow. He eats collard greens and crickets right now. About one week ago I checked on his terrarium and saw a small, 3" by 3" puddle of yellow liquid. I was confused because I had not seen this before. The puddle evaporated but left a yellow stain. I'm not a Bearded Dragon expert so this may be normal, but his feces have seemed very moist, runny isn't the right word it's one piece, and have smelled horrible. I apologize, that sounds disgusting. The smell is noticeable enough that in a normal room when I can smell it just walking in the door.

Is this normal?

A post in another forum said that I may want to get him checked for parasites. If that is the case then...
Is this urgent, and a cause for alarm?
Would treatment be expensive?
And could the parasites possibly go away in time? Or with some type of home remedy?

Any advice or information would be appreciated.

On a side note he will only eat Collard Greens no other vegetables. Any tips for expanding his taste?

Thanks.

iLOVEmySPIKE

Hatchling Member
tht yellow stain is just pee. and yes their poop will smell really bad most of the time. Make sure u are not putting too much water on his veggies becuase tht wht causes it to be very wet and runny

Gail

BD.org Addict
Dragon "pee" isn't a yellow liquid, its the solid white part of the poo. Also, poo will smell but it shouldn't be so bad it clears the room or can be smelled when walking into a room.
Since he hasn't had proper temps for awhile, that could be part of the problem. Get his basking temp to where it should be then give it a week, see if it helps at all.
If he continues having really smelly poo then you really need to have him checked for parasites. Some kinds can be treated with over the counter meds but some require a prescription. Its best to let a vet figure out what he needs and dosing.
Dragon can be really picky about what greens they eat. Try mixing new greens with the collards and chopping it all really small so he has to eat both. You can also try veggies like squash and bell peppers, some dragon are drawn to the bright colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aleyna
Top Bottom