Papi's vet visit,weight gain, no bath time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so poor little Papi went to the vet today! He's had this nip out of his tail since we got him, I thought it was just going to be a little malformity but the tissue was getting blacker and receding, which was exposing his little vertebrae! Poor guy. So the doctor cut of what was totally necrotic and wanted to do an amputation to get rid of all necrosis, but he needs to gain some weight before she'll anesthetise him! He is probably around 6 mos and only 105.5 grams or something like that.

He's currently eating 10 minutes of crix (medium size) once or twice a day - we'll up that to two - as well as about a cup of saladr
I'm going to add in some superworms because she thought he should be fine. I started with two yesterday, he seemed fine, so today he had 4.

She also wants him to spend some time outside in some real sunlight! He also had parasites so she gave him a dose of meds so she was sure he'd get it all.

Any other ideas on how to fatten this boy up so he's ready for his amputation in 7 days?

Papi hasn't had a bath in a long while... Now he's got a bandage on his tail and will need betadine twice a day for a while. Is he going to be okay with no bath? Should I mist him just while he's going through this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom