Panacur and Albon Dosage

Status
Not open for further replies.

masontg

Hi guys,

Just want to do a quick spot check with everyone on the forum. Took my beardie into the vet last week, did a fecal and he came back with coccidia and pinworms (vet was not able to provide counts). They prescribed him Panacur and Albon but I just want to make sure the dosage they suggest is correct. My beardie is still a juvenile at 86 grams and the dosages are as follows:

Panacur
Fenbendazole - 125mg/ml
2 units (0.2ml) every 24 hours for 3 days. Repeat for 3 day cycles every 10 days for one month.

Albon
Sulfadimethoxine - 250mg/ml
2 units (0.2ml) every 24 hours for 5 days, then every 48 hours after that for one month.

The vet didn't inspire that much confidence so would really appreciate what you guys can make of this. Thanks!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello!

I can dose that for you. They did not provide any counts?
Actually the doses are too high.

For the Panacur, you will only need .03ml & for the Albon you will only need .02ml for her. Unless you forgot to add the zero... :D
These are based on 50mg/kg & she doesn't even weigh 100 grams.

Tracie

masontg

Original Poster
Thanks for the quick reply Tracie!

So I stupidly followed the vet's instructions before getting the reply and basically gave him 10x the dose and now I feel terrible. Is that going to hurt him or can I go ahead and give the proper dose tomorrow and continue on from there? Also, the vet said he doesn't need a probiotic but from what I've read on here it seems like some soy yogurt 6 hours or so after the medication is good, is that correct? Thanks again!

masontg

Original Poster
Thanks, just ordered the Acidophiliz from Tracie's site. Tracie, I sent you a PM as well because I put in the wrong shipping address by mistake (oops!).

Once the probiotics get here I'll follow the meds in the morning probiotics at night routine. Generally how much acidophiliz do you guys give them? Does weight matter for this one?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, I noted your address, no problem. I will send it out monday morning for you.
I would skip a day or two of the meds to let it assimilate in his system since he has had too much right now.
How is he doing today?
Yes, you will want to give the probiotics (soy yogurt, acidophiliz), later in the day apart from the meds.

Tracie

masontg

Original Poster
Hi Tracie,

Thanks, looking forward to getting the probiotics soon. He's doing fine today, no change in behaviour really, eating and pooing like a champ. I'll wait until Tuesday until giving him more of the meds and hopefully the probiotics will arrive shortly after. Maybe I'll give him some soy yogurt until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dobby2012
Top Bottom