Painting inside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
So, I'm going to paint the inside of my cage. My first layer is going to be two coats of KILZ sealer-primer. I'm painting a pretty background with acrylic paint. Should I or do I need to seal again after painting?

If I should has anyone tried the Minwax water-based polyurethane satin? It says low odor...but I'm not sure I can trust that. I've always used Polycrylic and I trust it, but it's a little strong...

Eljay

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure about the Winmax, but yes, you have to seal it afterwards. If its a water based sealant, then there shouldnt be any problems. just make sure on the label anywhere it doesn't say that it can't withstand heat. other than that, it should be fine. Also, you'll need to leave it to cure for a while, and I would leave it a few days longer than it says on the label, just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buddy- The Bearded Dragon
Top Bottom