Pacing after brumation

Mango44

Beardie name(s)
Mango
My bearded dragon is year old woke up from brumation two weeks ago for past week he’s been anxious to get out. He’s nonstop pacing searching for away out.
He’s normally very chill and hasn’t been handling too much, I’m working on it.
I gave him a bath yesterday it calmed him down but today it’s back to freaking out.
I read this can happen due to hormones after brumation. How long does this last?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My bearded dragon is year old woke up from brumation two weeks ago for past week he’s been anxious to get out. He’s nonstop pacing searching for away out.
He’s normally very chill and hasn’t been handling too much, I’m working on it.
I gave him a bath yesterday it calmed him down but today it’s back to freaking out.
I read this can happen due to hormones after brumation. How long does this last?
Depends of the dragon --- hes got the spring zoomies -- get him out for like 2 hrs and then watch his behavior when you put him back in the tank

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

This is somewhat common. When they come out of brumation fully, their hormones are pretty high & so
is their energy so they may want out a lot.
They definitely like to run around to get exercise but eventually he should start to calm down! It could last
for a few weeks to a couple of months or so, it greatly varies.

Tracie

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom