Owner head bobbing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Howdy yall. I was just curious what yall's thoughts on owner/beardie dominance are. I've got a single adult male, awesome guy, tame, all that. Fairly rare head bobing, no arm waving.
Now, I've also a cat, Miss Kitty. I got her as a rescue and had to wash and clean a wound on her leg. Needless to say, we established who was dominant pretty quickly. :) Should I be bobbing (or even waving) at Rosco? Would he be more comfortable thinking he's top dog / knowing he's not? Or does he not care so long as I keep the wormies coming? :mrgreen: Heck, do they even recognize our version of bobbing/waving?
Oh, one more thing about communication; what about our teeth and inside our mouths? I've always kept my mouth closed when smiling at him, since I know gaping is a sign of aggression. Is that something they notice?
...okay, fine. I'm a bit crazy, I admit it :oops: I've just worked with a lot of animals where the dominance hierarchy made just a massive difference with socializing them.

stephnt619

Hatchling Member
I'm not sure about the answer to your question, but I'd be quite interested to see what some of the others have to say. I have a male who head bobs on just about every piece of furniture he gets placed on, but he's a great fella, loves to run around the living room and watch us. My boyfriend loves to get down on Eros' level and "head bob" at him. Eros doesn't seem to react other than to turn his head sides ways and eyes the BF like "crazy human, what ARE you doing?" I wonder if he actually perceives it as another male's dominance? He does seem to be rather attached to my boyfriend though, at least more than he is to me. Maybe its some male bonding LOL

my male beardie head bobs all the time!!!!!......especially when my boyfriend is sat next to the terrarium!!.....my boyfriend does it back, and also does the arm waving thing!!......not sure what its all about.....is my beardie mad, or is my boyfriend the one with a screw loose!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom