Overstimulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
I take my beardie outside in the sun for 20-30 minutes a day when the weather is nice, however, whenever I lean do to brush a bug off or it is time to go back inside, he flares his beard at me and opens his mouth, threatening me. Shenron is one of the most docile lizards I've seen and if it was safe, you could probably hold him upside down and he'd let you. Is Shenron getting overstimulated from going outside since he is mainly an indoor lizard?

Thank you.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
No it's probably more like he likes it so much he's showing you he doesn't want you to pick him up and take him back inside he wants to enjoy it a little longer. :wink:

mpinsky

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's what I figured. I feel really bad when it's time to go back in because he gives me this, "NO, I DON'T WANT TO GO!" look. Plus, his colors are GORGEOUS in the sun. Fortunately, the guy's all bluff and deflates as soon as I pick him up.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Several of my beardies pull that they really love it outside...I use to give them each like an hour or 2 a day outside...1 at a time because I only have one outdoor enclosure but then I end up with a bunch a ticked off beardies...so lately I just try to give the oldest ones an entire day once a week. Plus I will take one at a time out with me in the yard so everyone gets a few minutes a day when I can. There's nothing better for them than the natural UVB...so even though we provide UVB with the bulbs they live under it's still best to expose them to the natural stuff as well...there's really no replacement for that. :lol: Plus that if you don't they make you feel guilty well mine will. Spoiled!

Sounds like Shenron is still working on training you. :wink:
"More time outside slave... :whip: ...more time outside!" :laughing6:
They definitely can be quite the characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livsxx
Top Bottom