over eating??? gettin alittle concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
hi pplz,
o-goncha has been starting to look obese/bloated lately. she looked normal 2 weeks ago, but it just came on. yesterday and today she only peed, no poop, just liquid and urates. other wise she hasnt pooped in several days. i usually give her a dozen crickets a day, but ive been starting to cut back. could she be impacted somehow??? i use ppr towels for substrate, so i dont know wat could be wrong, if somethings wrong.

thanks so much,
kyra

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
I didn't see your post earlier. Does she look less bloated now? How old is she? Is she displaying any gravid behavior such as glass dancing or trying to dig?
Sara

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Okay, just wanted to make sure she wasn't egg bound. 13 mos is still young so I doubt she would be. Let us know if she has anymore problems. Lilly got a bit bloated one day before leaving me a huge present and then two more the next lol.
Sara

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
hehe, thanks for help.^^ today i found a RLY big,RLY smelly poop. it looked very soft, for it was just this this sphere-acle/circley blob of one of the most disgusting things i ever smelled.
off topic, but i just heard new news about collard greens being proven to be calcium binding. i heard this from a guy at a fish store with 2 beardies(a 7 and 8 year old), who r very healthy. speaking of him, he feeds them a couple fuzzies a week instead of insects. is this ok? cause i know there can be problems with mice, even pinkies.
sorry for getting off topic^^;

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
Most wouldn't mess with pinkies unless it is a female that has laid eggs, and that is only to bring up the amount of protein.

Pinks can be high in fat, and hard for our domesticated dragons to digest.

Just my .02 worth.
Janie.

zebedeepink

Sub-Adult Member
Collard greens are one of the best veggies you can feed a beardie. As for the guy feeding his beardie a couple of pinkies/fuzzies a week, this is an extremely unhealthy diet as they are very fatty. It is ok to feed a gravid female an occasional pinky/fuzzy as they are also very high in calcium. The best bugs to feed are crickets, roaches, silkworms, hornworms and superworms.

O-Gonchothedragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
thanks, every one!!i agree about the pinkies, and ill try to find more about the collard greens. he said it was a very recent study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom