Outside Chillin with Beardies? Good or Bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

My 2 year old (in july) beardie Borris and I were hoping to catch more natural sunlight this summer. I have purchased an old parrot cage that will be his bug proof enclosure when I dont want to shadow him and want to give him some freedom, but I was wondering how worried I have to be about letting him walk around on the ground, laying with me in a park, etc.

He is 2 years old, and has never been an aggressive live prey eater - he goes NUTS for crickets in a can. As beardies get older also, they eat more veggies and less bugs. I am worried about him eating fireflies- which i know are deadly, and I am worried about pesticides on other bugs, like ants and spiders, no bugs are really safe except gut loaded live prey. However, upon research, i hear a lot of stories of people playing carelessly with their dragons outside.

Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad, with bringing their beardie outside? How do you protect your beardie if you do bring them out (leashes, blankets, of course TONS of supervision)? I live in the northeast of america, which means cold winters and hot, muggy summers.
I CANT WAIT TO get some RAYS!

Thanks everyone - cant wait to hear about your experiences!

SBL3

Hatchling Member
Please bring a leash! Otherwise you can read yesterdays adventure and scare i had with KUMA on my front steps in the Beardie Tales section. :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
New & NoClue
Top Bottom