out of tank time question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
I take poncho out every day and she spends anywhere from 30 mins to hours out of her tank. before I take her out she gets a good 4 hours or so of basking time. is it okay for me to keep her out of her tank for so long? she loves to just sleep on my shoulder or on my bed, and loves to explore

she actually throws fits and glass dances to get me to take her out haha

destiny1998

Extreme Poster
Photo Comp Winner
Hi. That'll be fine. Mine stay out of their cages for hours if its nice and I open up the windows and let them bask and get real uvb. Now that winter is coming they have no choice, but to stay in their cages and they really don't like it sometimes, but after a few days they get use to it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Outside the tank time is good. Seems to make them happy and gives some stimulation. As long as they have a couple of hours after meals it's no big deal. Dundee is usually out if we're home. Some days he gets several hours out of his tank.

Stolzieren

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for the replies! I was just worried maybe poncho was having TOO much outside time or something. she definitely gets a few hours in the morning when she wakes up and a few hours after a meal to bask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom