Our new family member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEHSTJ

Hi to you all! I am thankful for a site like this one. We went to our local bookstore to find a book about bearded dragons and they had nothing! Only one book on reptiles and no mention of bearded dragons - what a shame! We are now the proud owners (mom/dad?) of a baby bearded dragon. He/she is only a hatchling and weighs in about 2 1/2 ounces. It is about 6 inches in length from snout to tail and is a beautiful colouring. I must admit we were not as well informed about bearded dragons as I hoped we were and have come to realize that not all pet stores care about the animals they have there. Some do! I think I have spent about ten hours now researching about this little guy and if you have been to the Beardie ER forum you might have come across our situation. We are trying all we can to get it to eat and "poo". I love to just sit quietly and watch the baby even if it isn't doing anything besides breathing and sleeping. Our two boys (8 and 10 yrs old) love him as well. It was a present for our 8 years birthday (today) and it would be horrible for something to happen to the dragon. My husband is attached as well and even talks to it (when he thinks we are out of hearing range) in this high pitch voice as if talking to a human baby. That's all for now, but hope to spend some time weekly here and see what's going on. Take care everyone!

LJean

Extreme Poster
Hello and welcome!

I'm hoping your baby starts to perk up and eat (and poo) for you soon.

sandyvern

Hatchling Member
Welcome! And hopefully your baby will adjust to new home soon...and be eating and pooing more than you thought was possible :D

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
Hello and welcome!
I agree, most pet stores need to brush up on their beardie info.
CEHSTJ":0511b said:
My husband is attached as well and even talks to it (when he thinks we are out of hearing range) in this high pitch voice as if talking to a human baby.
That made me laugh. My hubby acts like he doesn't like them, but I've caught him talking to them a couple times. :D

CEHSTJ

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the welcome. I'll post pictures when I can get them downloaded. Just a quick little note - my mom made my son a really cute birthday gift. She had taken a picture of my son holding our new beardie Smaug. Then she printed the picture and ironed it on a T-shirt with it's name underneath. He was so excited about it. He is wearing it to school tomorrow to prove to those classmates that he does have a live dragon living at home. Take care all!

With you being a little concerned about your beardie not eating or pooing regularly, the first week or so are pretty rough on a beardie because they are stressed about the move. Give you little baby some time and he/she should be showing some improvement. I got my beardie Jan. 31st of this year and I was really concerned about why he wasn't eating or pooing very well. Well a couple days later he was eating and pooing on a regular basis. If you have any more questions about your beardie this is the place to ask. Have fun with your baby and I hope this helps you out some.

CEHSTJ

Original Poster
Thank you! It is nice to know that other people have experienced the same frustration and terrifying time with their new baby beardies! My son went off to school this morning with his new T-shirt and the same look on his face as any new "parent" would have after the birth of their child. Thanks for the welcome. I hope that all is well with your family! :D

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Welcome!
Babies are SO worrying arent they? Im tackling my first baby at the moment aswell.
I do nothing but worry! Hehe Im sure you are just the same

dolcedragon":d8f83 said:
CEHSTJ":d8f83 said:
My husband is attached as well and even talks to it (when he thinks we are out of hearing range) in this high pitch voice as if talking to a human baby.
That made me laugh. My hubby acts like he doesn't like them, but I've caught him talking to them a couple times. :D

Oh this is so true. My partner pretends he doesnt like them (he want a dog) but every now and then I catch him talking to Ruben referring to him as "Wuben" or "Captain Claws"
RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom