Our new beardie Cheeto!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheetoBurrito

Hey guys! I just wanted to introduce our new little friend Cheeto. My girlfriend and I couldn't resist picking up one of these little guys after seeing how cuddly and friendly they are. Cheeto was born on August 19 (almost 13 weeks old) and weighs 37 grams and is 9.5" long as of this morning. He's a hypo partial trans (not solid black eyes) leatherback that we picked up from dragons4you.net.

He's currently in a 40 gallon breeders tank with slate tile, a 24" fixture with a reptisun 10.0 UVB bulb, and 150w basking bulb. My temps are 110f in the basking spot and around 90 to 95 right around it. The cool side of the tank ranges from 75 to 82. Night time gets no lower than 68f. We started with crickets but have moved to Dubia roaches (so much freaking better) and they get dusted with calcium during the first feeding 5x a week and they get dusted with a multivitamin 2x a week. He usually eats most of his food in the first feeding of the day and shows little interest during the second. He averages about 10 to 20 medium dubia a day right now.

We've had him for about two weeks now, and he is really opening up to us. He has become much easier to pick up and handle (aside from the random attempt to jump out of our hand and bolt across the room at times. lol), and we are really loving the experience. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or comments on anything we are doing wrong or could be approved on. Thanks for looking!

dS2P1Ru.jpg

F75h2Y6.jpg

56HFY92.jpg

92VZWqZ.jpg

MOOQojD.jpg

leMeHyQ.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's a healthy looking dragon. I'm glad he's off to such a good start with you. His setup sounds just about perfect =)

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Cheeto is a very fitting name, he is beautiful! :D
He is quite the poser, too. I think he knew he was being photographed. LOL
It sounds like he is off to a great start with you.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom