our new addition *pic heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
so we got this guy about 2 weeks ago tmrw, no idea how old he is but hes about 7 3/4 inches long. no idea if its male or female so we have not named "it" we just call "it" dragon

we think hes checking himself out in the glass.
100_2020.jpg

basking like he does 99% of his time
100_2019.jpg

our dog checking him out, he gets super excited when we handle him and when hes running around the tank
100_2051.jpg

his first bath
100_2032.jpg

and if this posts a video of his first bath

and 1 more pic
100_2041.jpg

im trying my best to make sure hes taken care of. we have replaced the carpet with tile and i think he hates it. doesnt wanna come down from his spot and isnt eating. i hope it's just a phase, i would hate for him to get sick or something.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Oh how cute!! He/she is adorable :D

It may or may not be the substrate change. Beardies often go through *relocation stress*. At first they are all about WOW! check this out...I want to explore! Then reality hits and they realize they ARE somewhere really different and need to take time to adjust :)

But keep holding him/her and talking etc. Try hand feeding, may take some time but well worth it when they take that first bite of food from your hand.......soooo sweet :)

Your viv looks really good! I am wondering though...is there a way to move the UVB tube light closer to the basking light?
Ideally, our beardies should get direct UVB *while* basking since they bask so much LOL Just moving it over to the other side where it is behind the basking light would make it perfect!

It is small, but that does not mean it can not possible be sexed if you post pics for us :D You want to take a couple of pics like this: http://www.beardeddragon.org/articles/sexing/

Try to get a couple of clear pics and as close as you can without it being blurry and we will see if we can tell :D

Oh, yes! As Laura said....Welcome!

Sherri

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
he/she seems to be getting the uvb where he is, i think it's cause of there the branch is, cause if i turn off the heat light the uvb lights him/her up idk, we might rearrange the tank a little. he was eating fine till we put the tile in, now he refuses to come off his basking tree to explore. just something im a little worried about

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well i took your advise and since the uvb light is mounted to the inside with command strips im not even gonna try to remove it to move it around. so i justmoved his basking tree over to the other side and now he basks with his back to the UVB light. he was pissed when i moved the tree lol. so hopefully this setup will be better.

-------------------------------------
| {UVB bulb } |
| |
| |
|^tree^^^^ |
|(basking light) |
-------------------------------------

excuse tge crude drawing, cant find the camera batteries right now

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Aww! Poor little guy! :) In the long run he will be much happier...and healthier. From your previous pics I can tell what you mean and it looks like he will definately get within 6-8" of the UVB :) Facing his back is great!

I guess you will have to give him a little treat tomorrow LOL Hopefully he will take one. My guy loves shredded carrot and he also loves cantaloupe but has only had it 3 or 4 times since May 10th as I prefer not to feed fruit much at all, but maybe your little one will take some finely shredded carrot from your finger? Worth a try :D

I am sure he will get used to the tile...for now you could put paper towels down in the area where he eats and leave just a small part tile...get him used to it a little at a time, can't hurt and it is what I would try:)

Yep, more pics when you find your batteries! LOL We LOVE pics! Especially the babies cuz they grow big sooo fast :(
Sherri

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
there is a section of tank that has no tile on it cause i need to get some cut to fit in there right, it's where i keep his food and water for now. it's funny illput him over there, he will jump from the carpet to his cave then from his cave to the tree. he refuses to touch the tile unless i make him, he was freaking out when i was cleaning his furniture this morning and there was nowhere to hide from the tile.

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
LOL...well, I know, not really funny but it is amazing how much personality these little ones have! I honestly believe he will get used to it...just will take a little time :)

If you want to wait awhile you could put shelf liner in there on top of the tile. That rubber type stuff for kitchen shelves, not the kind with holes and not the kind with adhesive. Just until he settles in more :D haha, he might not like the liner either! LOL

But b/c it is not slippery at ALL he might feel more secure...just rambling, sorry.

I would probably just let him get used to it though :D

They are way smarter than you would think with such tiny brains!

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Hahaha!
You can just see the *aw, come on! let me have it, let me play with it! I can catch it, I can catch it! Watch me catch it!~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
lol yeah! I will take some pics tomorrow to try and "sex" him/her. I think it's a girl, but I wanna make sure.

scubasteve25

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well...I can't get my camera to take a good pic...but this is what I got. lol

100_2083.jpg

Don't know if anyone can tell me if it's a boy or a girl or not, but I think it's a girl. So I named her Alexstrasza! :D

Sherri

Sub-Adult Member
Looks female to me also ;)
Can you take a straight on shot and bend the tail back just slightly more? Seems there may be a single bump above the vent but another couple of pics should help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom