Our first Beardie! With a new video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

twinmommy

My little boy wanted a lizard for a long time but I could hardly even stand to look at one until I saw a beardie! I did some research and decided a BD would be perfect for our family. We have had her for 6 days now and we are already smitten! We are still working out some issues with the viv but it's getting better. Pet store sold us a 150 watt basking light with a dome. Well, light was too big for dome and burned the screen AND had her basking spot at a toasty 127F! Got that fixed quickly! Basking spot now a comfy 107F. :D Shop also sold us a coil Repti-sun 10.0 but thanks to all of your wonderful posts, I have 3 Repti-sun 10.0 tubes on the way. Bought the fixture at Walmart and we are ready to mount it as soon as it arrives. She does not eat very much tho. 10 crickets and a few greens a day. Hoping the new light will help. Up until 2 days ago her poop looked good but she didn't poop yesterday. She passed a large one today but it was awful stinky! Don't know if this is because she skipped a day pooping or some other issue. I'm going to take the poop to a vet tomorrow for a fecal just to find out. Yes, I have dragon poop double bagged in my freezer right now!
Thank you for this web site, I have spent hours learning about the amazing little animals!
photo-1.jpg

RandyMarsh

Sub-Adult Member
She's pretty!! Also I am proud of any mom who is able to get over her fear/anger/negativity and give an animal a chance for their kid! Awesome!! From the sound of things you're doing everything right! Keep up the good work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom