Our enclosure: any tips, ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masick

Hey everyone. Been a bearded dragon mommy for three weeks now, but have been planning for months. This is the final home for our babies (we have two dragons and a chameleon named Bizzaro). Bizzaro is on the smaller, taller side while the dragons are on the wide side. Here are some pics:
Before
1007101441.jpg

After
1012101534.jpg

Close Up
1021101505.jpg

It used to be an old entertainment center. We have plastic on the ground part with linoleum on top of that to make for easy cleaning and movement for the dragons (its stone imitation so it has texture). The UVB light is hanging because the size of the tank and the breeder said it would be too far away for the beardies to get the full effect. Otherwise it would be a lot farther up. We have sliding Plexiglas doors for the dragon and two (top and bottom) separate screen doors for Bizzaro. Just your normal rocks and drift wood for decor/furniture. I have only one problem we are working on fixing and that is that the beardies like to climb on the screening which is a nightmare for a worried mom, but dad seems to think it is fine- any ideas? The whole reason it is there is for air circulation.

Anyway, any tips or ideas to make it a better home for the babies is greatly welcomed!

Amanda

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
You could get rid of the screen netting and place in Plexiglas instead, cut and add in a decent sized vent on the side. This will get rid of the risk of the dragons climbing the screen and making their way to the lights. Most young dragons love to climb, with this much drift wood, you can give them plenty of options. If you put in a basking deck then you could raise the lights higher or mount to the top of the enclosure. You have a lot of room there for young dragons, your imagination is your boundary to tell you the truth. Some pieces of decor that would come in handy if you choose to rid the screen and add plexi and a vent, Hammocks, false vines (cloth type). Let me know what you come up with. :D

bambichik39

Juvie Member
Just an idea, but why not make it two levels? Bearded dragons are solitary animals and the best thing to do would be to separate them. If the height is 4 foot, then put in a divider and make it to 2 foot high tanks. That would be the best for them IMO.

Masick

Original Poster

I have a temp divider up right down the middle and am still working out the final outcome. We also have another glass tank that I could just place on the top of the entertainment center, but I hate how it looks and that will soon become the cricket house (the little one we have is not cutting it lol!). I'm still fussing with it so I'll keep you all updated :) Oh also, the screen was temp as well because the size plexi glass needed in the back had to be specially ordered and I am fiddling with the idea of wood instead. Thanks for the ideas :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cinnabunn
Top Bottom