Our 7 month old beardie's head turned a different color

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lori

We are concerned that this morning our beardie (Claw's) head turned a dull sort of whitish grey color and the rest of his body is tan,brown and orange. Why does this happen? I called Petsmart and they said he might have trouble shedding and to put some water on his head. He seemed really hungry and he had the last 7 crickets today so I gave him some bananas and lettuce. He moves around and he is not really acting different. I let him play outside his terranium for a good hour and he was exploring as usual. When he is in his terranium though the only thing different is he looks like he is pressing part of his face up to the corner of the cage. His cage is positioned so he can see out the window by the way. We do give him a bath like once a week that we recently started to help him poop. So, could you please help us and let us know what this could be. We really appreciate any advice you could give us. Thank you so much!

Lori

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
[Moved from Website Comments to here so it would get more exposure]

Jasper's Mom

BD.org Addict
Sounds like he's getting ready to shed! :D Nothing to worry about there. Continue with the baths as that will soften the skin up and make the shed go a little easier. Just don't give in to the temptation to peel him - it will damage the new scales underneath! :D

Mine is the same age and we also got ours from Petsmart! El Guapo did the same thing about a month ago and was rubbing his face and chin alot during that time. It did turn out to be shedding but it was weird looking for about a week or so. Bathing helped. On that subject, I will share...

This is actually really funny....we have a walk-in shower and one morning I had him with me and instead of taking him downstairs to his "viv" before I got ready for work, I decided to put him on the floor outside the shower door on a towel and I left the door of the shower open so I could keep an eye on him while I took a fast shower. I was about ready to get out when I looked down and there he was just skimming around on his tummy, making himself really flat, swimming like a snake,skimmin in and out of the water spray then scratching his head like a dog! He then positioned himself right on top of the drain and made a big poop, for which I was most grateful since he hadn't pooped in days! It just washed right down!

I had been bathing him in a deep sink or the bathtub, but he was just not that into it until ....the shower! I'll try to get a video next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom