Oral Liquid Calcium!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHM1020

Hatchling Member
Shadow just got back from vet and was prescribed liquid calcium. Now i have it and me and my bro worked together to get him to take his first dose today (which is 1 drop). Now my bro shimmied his hand across Shadows mouth until shadow was basically biting the tip of his finger, and then i put the drop in. The doctor said exactly 1 drop each so i cant leave it on his nose and wait for him to lick it... SO i want to know is there a better way to get him to open his mouth? I mean the doctor showed me how he did it, and he pulled on Shadows beard until his mouth was opened, but that looked like it hurt him since he bit the nurse who was holding him at the time lol. So i dont want to hurt him but being too gentle wont get him to open his mouth! Any suggestions? :?

LennyTheLizardKing

Juvie Member
Im having to do the same right now, I gotta give my dragon .4 ml per day. I use baby food ina syringe and put a big drop on his nose and say his name really loud to wake him up because he will be all doped up from the other med hes on. He usually starts to lick his lips then i will drip the baby food on the tip of his nose and he will start licking it up. Once hes had a half ml i will get the other syringe and stick it in his mouth. Half the time this doesnt work so i will have to pinch under his chin and gently wedge his teeth open and stick it in. Its very hard, I put a towel on the countertop and do it there. If you kinda wrap him up he cant back up when your pinching and wedging. 2 people works best.
Any other ways to do this????

MrHM1020

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Basically from everyone i asked they say the same thing, u basically gotta open his or her mouth yourself. I just feel bad cuz it seems like it hurts them or they really dislike it..

neonerd336

I've found a way that works very well is to gently open the corner of their mouth with the syringe, you can easily fit it in there and you can slide the syringe toward the front of his mouth and he will open all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hseith
Top Bottom