Opinions on my beardie's looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deejor

I think Woody (kids picked the name) is brumating but as it common it seems there is always a concern among owners that their beardies are potentially too thin or perhaps maybe something else is causing the lethargy/not-eating. I took a couple pics of Woody today to show his little hipbones sticking out. I can't seem to get him interested in superworms. He does slurp down water when I soak him and has some runny small bm's a couple times a week. It seems like he's been like this for months now but the last week or so his color has gotten a lot darker (he's normally a nice light yellow/tangerine color). Now he's pretty much on the basking rock or right next to it sleeping. A couple times he's fallen asleep on the rock and is there during the night when the light is off. Totally not like him and I am worried that he may be having some issues.

TIA for any advice. If you need better pics I can supply more...

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_.../liCu4bvWIq4/s640/2011-02-13_15-47-01_561.jpg
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_.../5tKspPuf1QY/s640/2011-02-13_15-47-10_567.jpg

Toyguy

Juvie Member
How old is Woody, and what length is he?

They are all individuals of course, but he does look a little on the skinny side, but I wouldn't think dangerously so. Have you tried other feeders, like silkworms or hornworms? Does he eat his salad, or any other live feeders?

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
I dont think your pooper is burmating.
I would get the poop check for parasites.
What uvb are you using and what are your temps?

jortiz9758

Sub-Adult Member
I agree with Tom...He looks a little dark to me. How warm is his tank? He should be nice and bright in his tank.

deejor

Original Poster
He is about 1.5 yrs old and I haven't measured him for a while but he looks to be about 18" eyeballing off the tiles in his viv now while he sleeps

He's always been a good eater with phoenix worms originally and then we typically get the superworms which he typically slams like 8-10. He has had the hornworms but not recently. And the roaches as well. Didn't seem to like either of those as much as the superworms though.

When he's not brumating he will see me pull the worm enclosure out and will leap off his rock and prance around at the glass waiting to get at them. Then he is usually on them as soon as I drop them into his feeder dish. He hasn't eaten a ton of veggies that I have noticed. Typically he may eat one or two pieces of mustard greens from my hand as I am tearing them up to put in his dish. But he doesn't show any enthusiasm for it really and I haven't noticed him eating greens out of the dish more than once or twice.

I've gotten kale and dandelion greens lately and I grated some carrots for him. I haven't seen him eat any of it. I'm just wondering if he is dangerously thin and if I should force feed him with a syringe or something like I've seen some people do for ailing beardies. But if you feel is that hes not in danger that helps allay my fears a bit. I would have to force him to do anything because he's so chill all the time I really don't want to mess up his demeanor or hurt him. But I would do it if he needs it.

Just saw your post Wolfman. I'm using a Solar Glo 125W. My temp scanner is low on juice. The wife picked up some batteries but the lights off now. I'll have to read the temp tomorrow when I get home from work.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Switch to a different UVB source.
If your going to use MVB's I think The Mega Ray is probably the best one out there.
Here is the link.
http://www.reptileuv.com/
I think your problems stem from your uvb source, temps and possible parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixxie
Top Bottom