Opinions on feedings and weight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMom100

My baby beardie is around 3 months old. I leave BSFL out for him all day in a dish where they can’t escape and I also feed crickets 2 times a day. He eats around 12-20 crickets each feeding, plus around 25-30 BSFL each day. I also give him a couple wax worms on bath days as a treat. I weighed him today (11/1) and he was 37 grams. Is this too much for his age? He has gained so much weight since I first got him around a month ago. He hasn’t gone through a full shed yet either. Just his head. But it looks like that test of his body may be starting soon.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That sounds pretty good to me. It's good that he's gaining weight quickly. At that age they really can eat a lot and grow very quickly so being overweight isn't usually as much of an issue as with older dragons whose systems are slowed down but they are still fed a lot. Can you post some photos of him? That will help give me an idea of his overall size/proportions. You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rootie
Top Bottom