Opening mouth a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Ok so my Beardie opens up his mouth even when he's not basking. Is it because I have a melamine enclosure and the whole thing is just hot that he regulates? His basking spot is 105-110, cool side is around 86 and temps stay around 70-75 at night. His humidity is around 20-30%. I just fed him 40 or so phoenix worms and collard greens and don't know why he isn't basking? It look like he's basking on top of his log! I really hope its not a URI! His mouth will open wider sometimes more than this
78165-5035836706.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there....you can drop your temps. by 5 degrees on both sides.....many people recommend up to 110 for basking, but very few dragons like it that hot. The cool side should be no more than 80. He'll probably feel more comfortable with a temp. reduction. :)

KyleSwonger61

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I feel like his light won't be bright enough if I din it down... I am currently using a 45w Duramax incandescent flood light. I mean I could always lower his basking spot. Will his light he bright enough if I dim it some to reach adequate temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom