Opened mouth at me while not basking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

graceface

I was trying to entice my little girl to eat a piece of collard, and she was looking up at me and then just opened her mouth a little. Not very wide, but just a small amount so I could see her tongue. There was no hissing or lunging. I tried putting the collard in her mouth thinking that was what she wanted but she spat it out. Is this an aggressive behavior? I know she wasn't basking because her light was off.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They sometimes open their mouths a little like that even when they're not basking. If it isn't accompanied by other behavior like black beard, head bobs, or puffed beard then it's not likely aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HeathLizard
Top Bottom