Only pooping once or twice a week, not eating much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chompster

Here's my boy:

1689569_10151872573366286_972923698_n.jpg

Weight: ~630g
Length: 19"
Lights: Reptisun 36" bulb (just replaced it last week), ceramic heat emitter, basking lamp
Temps: 100 in his basking spot, ~85 in the middle, 75-80 on the cool side.
Setup: 75gallon breeder tank. Cloth hammock for his basking spot (spends most of his time here), large driftwood across the tank, food dish on the cool side, another small hammock on the cool side that he likes to hide under often.

He is a bit lazy, but otherwise alert and likes running around. He is handled daily. However, for a few months now, he doesn't eat much. If I leave him a fresh salad, he will nibble at it, but only when I'm not looking. He sometimes will eat a piece of fruit from my hand (getting better about it). It is rare that he really eats a lot of salad.

As for protein, he used to eat tons of dubias but has slowed down. Some days he won't eat at all. Others, we're lucky to get him to eat 3 large 1" roaches.

He gets baths about 2x a week and drinks water from a dropper then.

He is definitely not underfed and hasn't lost any weight. But he only poops once or twice a week, only during his bath. We slowed down on baths because when we bathe him daily he seems frustrated and doesn't poop more often, even when we massage his belly and run warm water over his back.

He also hasn't shed in probably 5 months.

Thoughts? :?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critter Guy
Top Bottom