only eats superworms...and only if hand fed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkeaver

Ok I have a male that is a year old and he used to love chasing down crickets and he was eating veggies and superworms... now he wont eat anything unless hand fed to him. If I hand feed him superworms he will eat 15 or so. if I put them in a bowl he just looks at them then looks at me as if to say "are you kidding me bring them to me" lol.. seriously he now does the same thing with his veggies... how do I remotivate him to eat on his own!...

thanks...

p.s. he wont eat crickets anymore.. they walk right by him and he just looks at them..

bkeaver

Original Poster
yeah I tried that and unfortunately he looks at that too... :( i keep saying to myself when he gets hungry enough he will seek them out

GoFast

Gray-bearded Member
bkeaver":293e3 said:
yeah I tried that and unfortunately he looks at that too... :( i keep saying to myself when he gets hungry enough he will seek them out

and that is the exact approach you need to STICK with. The problem is that you keep caving in. Eventually, he'll get off his butt and eat once you stop giving in.

bkeaver

Original Poster
no I havent tried roaches yet... my wife puts her foot down on bringing them into the house even tho they are not the same as the household variety. its the name "roaches" she cant get past.. :lol:

bkeaver

Original Poster
GoFast":ba0d9 said:
bkeaver":ba0d9 said:

and that is the exact approach you need to STICK with. The problem is that you keep caving in. Eventually, he'll get off his butt and eat once you stop giving in.

yeah I just worry it will lead to something else.. but yes I know you are right..

zebraflavencs

Extreme Poster
So, call them..... beetles ;)
You can also use Phoenix worms and silk worms as staples. Phoenix come with their own calcium, so no need to do other than vitamin dust those.
I think that a healthy dragon won't starve himself to death, just out of stubbornness. Take the hard approach if you have to.
Janie.

bkeaver

Original Poster
you know I though about getting the phoenix worms.. they are pricey but I still might. I like the fact that they are so calcium enriched from the get go..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nuochoakenperfume
Top Bottom