Only a few scales turn black

KateT

Hi guys!

So I have had four beardies and this is the first time I have seen this - Sully will randomly turn only a few scales in his beard black. Both times he was being put back in his tank after napping outside of it, so he definitely could have been startled. But I've never seen only a few scales turned black at a time. I actually thought it was food at first, or something!

Does anyone else's baby do this??

Attachments

• IMG_20220726_144537.jpg
    IMG_20220726_144537.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 102

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hi guys!

So I have had four beardies and this is the first time I have seen this - Sully will randomly turn only a few scales in his beard black. Both times he was being put back in his tank after napping outside of it, so he definitely could have been startled. But I've never seen only a few scales turned black at a time. I actually thought it was food at first, or something!

Does anyone else's baby do this??

Yes looks like spotty shed

KateT

Original Poster
He actually just finished a beard shed recently, and the black spots will come up and then go away in about five minutes! Isn't that weird? 🤔

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom