One small veggie a day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all the information, if they had eggs, you would possibly feel them in their abdomen right? When I took Tomek to the vet, he made a point of feeling her stomach, telling me sometimes you can see and feel them. Some beardies do not lay eggs though, correct? not all of them do?

Not all bearded dragons lay eggs without being with a mate, that is correct. As far as feeling them goes, sometimes you can't really feel them at all. In my experience, you don't feel them until they are REALLY close to laying them. For example, I had a beardie mate and I didnt feel her eggs until 4.5 weeks later. If she doesn't have eggs then I would just recommend paying attention and make sure you don't just assume she doesn't want to eat after a while. Make sure you keep offering her food; both insects and salads. One day she'll just start eating again. :p That's usually how they work. Silly beardies. :)

Oh, and something to add on to that... water is important still if she's not eating. I would be syringe-feeding her water if you aren't seeing her drink water. That and baths, so they can absorb water through the vent. Because if they arent eating their veggies, they aren't getting water. And water is much more important than food. :p :) When you syringe feed water, it is best to put the syringe in the side of their mouth and not the front so that there is less of a chance of them respirating the water.

Reading thses posts has put my mind at ease somewhat. I was getting a little concerned because my boy, about 17 inches and a year old too, has begun eating much less than he did than when he was a baby. I knew he would slow down a bit as he wasn't growing as much, but I am an over protective mommy. LOL. what I wanted to ask is how much water should I be dropper feeding him, and how often should he get a bath? Even though I put a water dish in his enclosure, he dose not drink on his own that I have ever seen.

Tomek

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Wow!, what an amazing article. I do have one question that confused me though, I have a female, one year old 17" long. She has not been wanting to eat for about 3 weeks now. I have been force feeding her veggies and sometimes she spits them out. It mentioned females can have eggs they lay that are infertile. But, it also mentioned them eating a ton when they have the eggs. Mine is not doing this? does that mean she does not have eggs?

I am so frustrated, I will say, I have three beardies and they are all EXTREMELY hormonal right now (Spring is here). They head bob each other and chase each other which they never did before.

Anyway, just wondering about the egg thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChekeNerton523
Top Bottom