one of my girls

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/evonygod777/slideshow/

This girls one of my big ones. Izzy rose. its hard at the moment to see her collors as she is very close to sheding off agen. This is one of my personal rescues and loving life. I felt I should post this as I seen a story about one being neglected in a classroom with a turle or tortis on this sight. Izzy was also a classroom pet if you would call it that. more like a scared little girl watching preschool children poke her glas inside a little ten gallon tank. I was able to find her age as well as were the teacher had purchased her from. at the time izzy was 13 weeks old and still not much larger then a week old hatch. fortunitly this teacher had a heart and admitted that she had absatlutly no idea how much more a bearded dragon needed. she should have thought of that befor paying $180 for her just to let her dwindle.
today izzy is my largest female from my collection of dragons. she produces some beautiful babys with her red leather back boyfriend. she is currently now 24"3/4 in length, she will be 4 years old in aug.
when not sheding she is a colorfull orange with lighter greyish blue sidebars while her patern down her sides are bordered in almost peach in color. once she has shed off ill post another picture so you can see her beauty im so proud and honored to have been able to save her and have her with my others still today.
currently in this photo she is actually watching her mate across the room bob as he hasn't been with her a while from her brumation period this year she was pretty lazy. thanks all hope you injoy my big girl and will show more of mine soon.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Wow, thank you so much for sharing this story. It makes me feel much better to think about the positive experiences than dwell on the sad stories that are floating around. I'm really glad to hear you were able to rescue her and help her thrive =).

joshtlizrdluvr

Original Poster
thank you. I too love seeing those who share such love for these amazing creatures. show them love they will show you twice as much until it no longer is able to be weighed on ether side of the relationship. all of mine are very spoiled but she pretty much does as she pleases lol. ive raised bearded dragons as well as rescued them a while now bout 7 years ive owned them longer however I had became disabled and sence they have become a smile to keep me going with a wonderfull hoppy.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's always great to hear from someone who cares about dragons and has had so much success with rescues. I look forward to hearing stories and learning from your experiences.

joshtlizrdluvr

Original Poster
biggest thing I tell anyone is never to give up. ive lost some and it was heart breaking even those I did not have for a very long time. however I view it as at least the life they left with was better then the one they came into. having my own collonys of insects ( THAT ARE INSPECTED MONTHY for fatal or illing sicknisses ) for anyone who wishes to know lol. this helps greatly as they deffinitly don't lack in food young to old with greens or there crawlys. I love this sight tho wish id have know of it long ago im gald someone as you and the many others here take so much love in them.

joshtlizrdluvr

Original Poster
now I only wish I could save the poor babys at our local petco waiysting away in the back room. they are unable to seel due to this bs selmanila talk that is taking place. poor things 17 of them in a 10 gal tank is sad I cant stand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom