One eye sticks out

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 5 year old beardie appears to have one of her eyes sticking out further than the other. The socket and her eyelids are not sticking out, just the eye. It seems as if the clear lens on the outside of the eye is larger than the other one? Had it checked with a vet, and they don't know what it is without doing advanced imaging (8000$), but don't think it's a major health risk. Has anybody seen this before?

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

That is interesting, I haven't seen anything like that in awhile.
Did he possibly have any type of eye injury or trauma in the past? Does it seem to affect
his vision any that you have noticed?

Tracie

Aberdeen43

Original Poster
Tracie,

No, there has been no eye trauma. As far as I can tell, the vision is ok. No issues seeing food and chasing. And as I said, vet doesn't think it's a serious issue (as of now). I was doing research and came across the human condition Keratoconus, which kind of seems like what I'm seeing with Aberdeen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom