Once upon a Vitti (Update and Pictures 7-15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to make my own thread to share happenings of my little beardie Vitti. I got her on March 7 2010 and despite a rough start I've grown very attached to my little "Master." Shes a joy to have but still having a bit of a hard time adjusting. Anyways on with the pictures!

This is when I first got her, basking proudly on her log
SmallYoungVittiBasking3-7-2010.png

Here she is again, but taking a bask against the bottom of her log
VittiBasksonherlog.png

Vitti decided that she would like to attempt art by using my tablet
VittiRestsonTablet.png

After a long nights sleep Vitti pops out from under the newspaper to say good morning
Vittipeaksout.png

Vitti enjoys her first salad with mustard and collard greens
VittisFirstSalad.png

remi1

Juvie Member
Awww, what a little cutie you have there! I especially like the last two pics, of her eating her salad and of her peeking out from underneath the substrate. Adorable! :)

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you all for the kind words, shes my pride and joy. One of my favorite things to do is watch her eat, specially when she chases down a cricket and catches it. I love how she looks up a bit when she chews like shes got pride in her hunted meal. Its so adorable

remi1

Juvie Member
Lol, wait until she misses a cricket, then she'll look up at you to see if you saw that... pretend you didn't see and look away :lol:

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
This first picture is among my favorites too, I guess its just new beardie bias

Earlier today I was worried since she hadn't pooped in a few days despite her voracious eating habits so I took her out and rubbed her belly . I told her, "I need you to poop for me so I know your doing alright." As you might guess that turned out to be a big mistake as a few minutes later she mounted my hand and let me have it. I guess it was her way of saying, "be careful what you wish for"

TwistedCrayon

Sub-Adult Member
Vitti is a cool name. What a cutie! Thanks for sharing all those pics, just keep'um coming. I love the one popping outta the newspaper :)

Ostrommaysi

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
TwistedCrayon":jub5e8uk said:
Vitti is a cool name.

Thank you! I love the name too and despite how dorky it might sound its actually derived from the bearded dragon's scientific classification Pogona Vitticeps. (Hence Vitti) I liked it because its cute and it fits both genders just in case she turns out to be a he.

Recently my lil girl has started shedding. Right now shes ridding of her muzzle and her tail. Shes also doing a lot better then she was, eating up all the crickets I get her as well as some of her greens. Right this very moment shes basking on her log giving of some serious "Sexy leg"

This is Vitti posing for the camera despite the shedding on her tail. Her first shed with me as her owner/slave 3-35-2010
VittisFirstShed3-25-2010.png

Shes gonna be a gamer just like her ol man, caught her playing my DSi
VittiPlayingtheDSi2.png

But this time she realizes that I've caught her in the act
VittiPlayingtheDSi1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
s4mclain
Top Bottom