once a day eating..

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all! so ulysses, the 2.5 month old, has dropped to eating crix just in the a.m.. he does well with his salads,not great- but i want to be sure he's getting all he needs. otherwise, doing fine- temps are spot on per the forum's suggestions, good thermometer, is fine with baths (he may be getting used to- or resigned to-them:)) poops are good, good urates.. out in a safe room to run wild.. seems ok and i don't see any shed signs right now. what do you all think?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Is he just not interested in the second feeding of the day or are you asking if we think it is fine for you to feed only once a day?

-Brandon

cricketbidwell

Original Poster
he's only interested once a day, i try 2-3 times- he's young, and i want to be sure he's eating enough.. i know only feeding once a day is not a good thing.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
As long as he is being offered the chance to eat more, is housed under proper husbandry, and seems healthy, I wouldn't worry about it.

-Brandon

cricketbidwell

Original Poster
thanks- new to these creatures, and i worry.. i'm following all the proper guidelines, and he seems happy! :mrgreen:

Sauzo

Sub-Adult Member
My 4 month old does the same thing kind of. Some days she will eat 45+ dubias and other days she will only eat like 30. She never has only eaten once a day though but like Brandon said, if he seems active, alert and not losing weight, I prolly wouldn't worry too much.

unkempt1

Juvie Member
Agreed. Some dragons are just different. Their moods and appetites can change as they grow. Keep that in mind. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom