On vacation and I miss my Biggs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
I’m on vacation and I miss my Biggs. She is being well taken care of by my son, and he sends me pics of her. But when I get back I will have been gone for 12 days. I hope she remembers me and still likes me. Anyone ever have to leave their Beardie for a few weeks? Any advice for when I do get back? I know she has been eating and he has been spoiling her with Butter Worms. LOL

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have to leave Darwin at home sometimes and it's definitely hard. Having someone you can trust to take good care of them certainly helps. I set up a webcam in his tank so I can check in on him too. She will remember you for sure, especially after just 12 days. Just spend some time with her when you get back and all should be well.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thank you CooperDragon. That helps me with my guilt of leaving her for so long. Unfortunately we had this vacation booked and paid for before I got her and yes it does help that my son ( who loves reptiles and is very good with reptiles) is home with her. Although he keeps saying that he isnt’t taking her out and letting her roam because she always poops on him and just cleaning her poop from the cage is enough poop encounter for him. :lol:

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Tomorrow afternoon I will be back home! Can’t wait to see my baby. Just ordered her some hornworms and wax worms so I can give her some yummy treats.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well I am finally back home. Got in late
Tuesday night so I didn't get to see Miss Biggs till yesterday! I was so afraid she would be mad or not remember me but again she surprised me. She looked very down and just laying on her log when I got up and I went to her vivarium and called her name and she turned her head sideways as if to say did I really hear right. When I called her again she perked up picked her head up and I swear she was smiling a big open mouthed grin! I hand fed her some of her favorites. Collard greens, roaches, and a few butter worms. After 2 hours (where she was constantly watching me clean house) I went to pick her up so she can have some roam around time and I was afraid she wouldn't let me pick her up but she did and then she ran to her spot on my chest/neck and refused to leave that spot for 2 hours! Whenever I would try and put her down she would claw and jump her way right back to her spot! These are truly a very remarkable creature!
97320-5366877830.jpg
Here she is yesterday in her spot refusing to move. LOL I think she grew since I left and her legs may be about to shed. And she is getting some nice light red color around her belly.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks, this Holman needed the vacation but is very happy to be back. Never thought I would miss a lizard so much. Now it’s my sons turn to go on vacation and I have a week to get over my fear of his snake and learn to feed and look after the slithery little noodle. :banghead:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Lorilyn":qgi20x8n said:
Well I am finally back home. Got in late
Tuesday night so I didn't get to see Miss Biggs till yesterday! I was so afraid she would be mad or not remember me but again she surprised me. She looked very down and just laying on her log when I got up and I went to her vivarium and called her name and she turned her head sideways as if to say did I really hear right. When I called her again she perked up picked her head up and I swear she was smiling a big open mouthed grin! I hand fed her some of her favorites. Collard greens, roaches, and a few butter worms. After 2 hours (where she was constantly watching me clean house) I went to pick her up so she can have some roam around time and I was afraid she wouldn't let me pick her up but she did and then she ran to her spot on my chest/neck and refused to leave that spot for 2 hours! Whenever I would try and put her down she would claw and jump her way right back to her spot! These are truly a very remarkable creature!
97320-5366877830.jpg
Here she is yesterday in her spot refusing to move. LOL I think she grew since I left and her legs may be about to shed. And she is getting some nice light red color around her belly.

Pretty clear that she loves you and REALLY missed you.... and is scared you'll disappear again.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I like to think she loves me and misses me. Even though everyone keeps telling me reptiles are incapable of love.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
milosmom
Top Bottom